Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Worst Albion player that you actually liked

Inspired by thoughts of Mr Rougier, who without doubt was not the most gifted player to don the stripes, but the effort made watching him a treat.

You know what I'm getting at, those players that you laugh at when they make a mistake, even though you know you should be shouting at them (Johnny Crumplin?). We all have a couple of players that nostalgia convinces us, we'ren't really that bad (will McCammon be in this list?).

Some come one and all and put forward your nominations.....

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Seagullible said:
Peter Smith springs to mind - not much ability but made some great tackles with stretch armstrong style legs!

Yeay for Bob Marley :clap2:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
ummm i thought daniel webb was quite good...well not as bad as everyone else made out but everyone else thought otherwise! i suppose rougier is the obvious one.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mark Gall, probably the quickest Albion player I've seen. Exciting stuff 'till you realised he'd left the ball behind more often than not.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Icy Gull said:
Mark Gall, probably the quickest Albion player I've seen. Exciting stuff 'till you realised he'd left the ball behind more often than not.

I wouldn't put him in this category. He was one of the best dribblers of the ball I've ever seen in the stripes and had a shot to rival Jimmy Case in its ferocity. The man scored a lot of goals in his season with us; it is a shame that injury curtailed his Albion career.

Last edited:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I always liked Webb.
I also thought McCammon had a really good game on monday, he's not a dribbler but he worked hard and won a lot in the air. I just don't think he and Leon were on the same wavelength on occasions

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here