Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The World's Most Boring Sport

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I'm struggling to think of a sport I could call boring, some I don't care for but I'd hardly call them boring...

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
tedebear said:
I'm struggling to think of a sport I could call boring, some I don't care for but I'd hardly call them boring...

Boring to watch then. Synchronized swimming I tell ya.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Bevendean Hillbilly said:
Do you also enjoy staring out of the window and dribbling?
Yes, yes I do.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Downloaded Penguin said:
Boring to watch then. Synchronized swimming I tell ya.

SS makes me laugh, not be bored....

ummmm chess isn't a sport so I can't include that... can't think of anything...

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Did anyone see the FML on tv the other night - its the american major legaue of FISHING - for gods sake - it was fascinatingly stupid, with camera angles from the fly, and replays of hooks and all sorts - I was transfixed on the stupidity!!

Jul 20, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
Booo, the biathlon's superb, I love watching that.

true

is a proper James Bond sport

If they did somethig similar with F1 it might save it e.g. everytime they pit the drivers have to take out some of the other teams crew with a rifle, that would be good

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
MYOB said:
NASCAR.

Cricket when not drinking (its absolutely amazing when drinking, however....)

Before I moved to the US I would have agreed with you on NASCAR. I'd only seen limited amounts of it before, and the concept of an oval track does seem tedious. But it's actually one of the most entertaining forms of motorsport I've ever watched. There's a hundred times more overtaking than in Formula 1, during an average race 10-15 cars will take the lead at some point, it's not at all uncommon for someone who qualifies as far back as 30th to actually win, and most races are decided by 1-2 seconds.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I don't give a shit how controversial this might be on here, flat horse racing is as dull as f***...tiny specks on hills in the distance...then less than a second of them running past very quickly while pissed-up dickheads cheer at them (the horses don't actually know that you're encouraging them, you mongs), and that's about it. Unless you're really into gambling (in which case you're also a stupid mouthbreather), shite.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Man of Harveys said:
I don't give a shit how controversial this might be on here, flat horse racing is as dull as f***...tiny specks on hills in the distance...then less than a second of them running past very quickly while pissed-up dickheads cheer at them (the horses don't actually know that you're encouraging them, you mongs), and that's about it. Unless you're really into gambling (in which case you're also a stupid mouthbreather), shite.

But the only people INTO horseracing WILL be the people who have money on it...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
tiny specks on hills in the distance...then less than a second of them running past very quickly while pissed-up dickheads cheer at them

That's racehorse trainers for you.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Downloaded Penguin said:
But the only people INTO horseracing WILL be the people who have money on it...
So why not just bet on football, or the stockmarket, or cricket, or, well anything else? Because there's no spectacle to be had at the racing itself - take away the gambling, if it wasn't an excuse for a bit of a piss-up in some quite nice settings, there'd be no point. Might as well just have the beer somewhere.

Quite like jump racing though. At least there, sometimes the horses fall over and hurt themselves for our entertainment.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Buffalo Seagull said:
Before I moved to the US I would have agreed with you on NASCAR. I'd only seen limited amounts of it before, and the concept of an oval track does seem tedious. But it's actually one of the most entertaining forms of motorsport I've ever watched. There's a hundred times more overtaking than in Formula 1, during an average race 10-15 cars will take the lead at some point, it's not at all uncommon for someone who qualifies as far back as 30th to actually win, and most races are decided by 1-2 seconds.
And that's because whenever a crash happens, they wheel out the safety cars and all the cars bunch up again. So if you're in 30th and 8 laps behind the leader, best try and force a crash because with a bit of luck afterwards you'll still be in 30th but only 50 yards behind the race leader.

In short, it's contrived. A bit like how they change the clock stopping rules in the last 2 minutes of a gridiron game in order to make it more exciting.

Wank.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here