Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "will he/won't he Noone to Cardiff" thread

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4680524 said:
I've seen this guy Twitter on Twitter, who appears to be in someway related to Nooney (Nooney follows him on Twitter, might be a brother or cousin) has retweeted something about Noone being in Cardiff for talks...

:(

You're joking aren't you? Their names are spelt differently and all he did was re-tweet that fourth official guy (already mentioned in this thread).

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
I'm not that fussed if Nooney stays or goes really, sure he's exciting to watch at times but he hasn't exactly scored many or even got lots of assists, neither has he proved he's a key player for us as Buckley is currently doing. If we get a bid around £1million I'd be inclined to accept it and invest it in some incoming transfers to help us consolidate. I know he's young and can improve but it would be good business for us given what we paid for him and for all his mazy runs and trickery his final ball is often poor and his finishing is woeful. If Cardiff want to spunk silly money on him that's up to them and we should bank it while we can.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
You're joking aren't you? Their names are spelt differently and all he did was re-tweet that fourth official guy (already mentioned in this thread).

I know it's retweeted, but I thought the fact that a family member retweeting this might mean there was some substance to iy. I hadn't noticed the names were spelt differently as I was just looking at the twitter name nooney_9 and assumed as Nooney followed him they must be related. Anyway, did a little more research and notice that Karl Noon and Craig Noone used to play for Southport FC together so must be friends from then. Not sure how close they are and if Craig and Karl would have spoken about Cardiff at all. Was just an observation, and one that I don't think is thate stupid to make.

Bluebird1711

Jan 30, 2012
I'm not trying to step on toes, or for that matter have any inside knowledge whatsoever.....I just feel that knowing the Cardiff forum as I do, and knowing how reliable Carl Curtis is with his info, even though he has not said it's a done deal, I believe that Noone will be a Cardiff player tomorrow.

No evidence to back this up......just a feeling.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4680644 said:
I know it's retweeted, but I thought the fact that a family member retweeting this might mean there was some substance to iy. I hadn't noticed the names were spelt differently as I was just looking at the twitter name nooney_9 and assumed as Nooney followed him they must be related. Anyway, did a little more research and notice that Karl Noon and Craig Noone used to play for Southport FC together so must be friends from then. Not sure how close they are and if Craig and Karl would have spoken about Cardiff at all. Was just an observation, and one that I don't think is thate stupid to make.

Fair enough really - Noon is clearly an Everton fan and the quote he retweeted is from Fourth_Official, an account which seems to be run by a group of Everton and Cardiff fans which might also explain why he retweeted it. He didn't add any comment at all and hasn't referred to it since.

Don't know which way this one is going to go and not sure how I feel about it at the moment, balancing losing one of the best characters at the club and a useful little footballer with bags of potential, against a seemingly well over-inflated fee that he quite possibly will never actually be worth. Tough one but I'm currently erring on the side of keeping him for the influence he brings to the club at all levels as a bubbly personality and all round nice guy/ambassador for the club.

Think about it. Every time he gets on the ball people sit on the edge of their seats.......................how much is that worth?

Bluebird1711

Jan 30, 2012
Fair enough really - Noon is clearly an Everton fan and the quote he retweeted is from Fourth_Official, an account which seems to be run by a group of Everton and Cardiff fans which might also explain why he retweeted it. He didn't add any comment at all and hasn't referred to it since.

Don't know which way this one is going to go and not sure how I feel about it at the moment, balancing losing one of the best characters at the club and a useful little footballer with bags of potential, against a seemingly well over-inflated fee that he quite possibly will never actually be worth. Tough one but I'm currently erring on the side of keeping him for the influence he brings to the club at all levels as a bubbly personality and all round nice guy/ambassador for the club.

Think about it. Every time he gets on the ball people sit on the edge of their seats.......................how much is that worth?

Priceless.........

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Priceless.........

Sorry. I was just thinking out loud. Appreciate English may not be your first language so to put it into words of not too many syllables for you..........................

good player

nice bloke

£1m+? =mugging

simple enough?

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Gus has said no new offers have been made. Either it's negotiation tactics, or this is some big wind up a la southen syd - a bit to get a number of replies, or just someone fishing (the whole 'if it doesn't happen I'll explain why/someone with a similar id suggesting not banning him until he explains' thing just makes me thing of syd's "I can't give you a photo until 7.45" excuse.

The longer it goes on with no word leaking out through more traditional methods (local journos at either end etc), the more I lean to the latter.

Bluebird1711

Jan 30, 2012
Sorry. I was just thinking out loud. Appreciate English may not be your first language so to put it into words of not too many syllables for you..........................

good player

nice bloke

£1m+? =mugging

simple enough?

I feel for you in these times of uncertainty.

Change is awful for everybody, what is worse is uncertainty! If you know things are changing you can move forward with a new plan, if you are unsure you end up in "no man's land" and look for the nearest scapegoat to vent your anger!

We understand this, and feel your pain.

As I understand it, there is a 50/50 chance of the deal being done. It may....or may not happen. I honestly do not know.

What I do know, and have been taught my my dear Welsh Mother, God rest her soul, is that you always treat people with respect. You Sir have failed on this account but I do not hold it against you.

Sleep well, only 24hrs to go and the truth will be known.

Bendithia chi a'ch holl deulu

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
I feel for you in these times of uncertainty.

Change is awful for everybody, what is worse is uncertainty! If you know things are changing you can move forward with a new plan, if you are unsure you end up in "no man's land" and look for the nearest scapegoat to vent your anger!

We understand this, and feel your pain.

As I understand it, there is a 50/50 chance of the deal being done. It may....or may not happen. I honestly do not know.

What I do know, and have been taught my my dear Welsh Mother, God rest her soul, is that you always treat people with respect. You Sir have failed on this account but I do not hold it against you.

Sleep well, only 24hrs to go and the truth will be known.

Bendithia chi a'ch holl deulu

24 hours and hopefully you will finally piss off from this forum. You're boring.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Gus has said no new offers have been made. Either it's negotiation tactics, or this is some big wind up a la southen syd - a bit to get a number of replies, or just someone fishing (the whole 'if it doesn't happen I'll explain why/someone with a similar id suggesting not banning him until he explains' thing just makes me thing of syd's "I can't give you a photo until 7.45" excuse.

The longer it goes on with no word leaking out through more traditional methods (local journos at either end etc), the more I lean to the latter.

I can assure you the OP is a genuine Cardiff supporter who thinks he may have some transfer info, right or wrong? who knows? It's not like it's the first transfer rumour ever started on NSC :lol:

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Bit harsh on Colin Pates, good career mainly at old division 1 and 2 level and he was very good for us for couple of seasons. And Peter Smith actually won our player of the season one year didn't he? Colin Hawkins and Jamie Moralee might be better examples!

I quite like the fact that teams are interested in our players, it shows how well they are doing this season. Doesn't mean I want to lose any of them though and especially not Noone so hopefully Cardiff have moved on.

I wasn't trying to be mean to them, I was trying to think of players that stood out as a cut above in some of the otherwise unremarkable Albion teams of my youth. I'd forgotten about Moralee until you reminded me. Shows how far we've come in the 20 odd years since!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I might add (for what it's worth!!) My daughter and her fiancee (both ardent CC fans and season ticket holders) have been asking me what Noone is like as a player as they think he is on his way threre, as I say, for what it's worth!!

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Might pay to see if anyone knows anybody working at the Amex to keep an eye out when the players coach leaves today, probably lunchtimeish........I'm sure nooney will be travelling up with the lads.
If he's not on the coach then perhaps we may have a reason to be worried ?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Might pay to see if anyone knows anybody working at the Amex to keep an eye out when the players coach leaves today, probably lunchtimeish........I'm sure nooney will be travelling up with the lads.

He probably won't be on the coach as Gus was quoted in the Argus the other day saying he doubts Noone and LuaLua will be ready for tonight but they should be ready for Saturday. Who Noone will be playing for on Saturday though is anybody's guess?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's only the playing squad who travel on the coach. Noone is injured so won't be on it either way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here