Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Wilkins Situation.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Pretty embarrasing that someone can have a nervous breakdown over being demoted. If he was sacked it'd be understandable.

I don't agree with a fair amount of what you write, but we are all of differing opinions and it would be rather bland if we all had the same viewpoint, but that is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read on here. :nono:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thats right BOF. If Wilkins has taken this badly he should be given time. I think the clubs silence is showing some compassion and patience. Wilkins is a proud man and it could have affected him badly. Dr David Kelly after all when his professional integrity was put into question was so devastated that he went and killed himself. It affects people in different ways. Someone can laugh off a demotion or sacking, other people will go into an ever downward cycle of depression and self loathing.

I hope Wilkins is ok.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Here's some more rumours

200px-FleetwoodMacRumours.jpg

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Omigod: it's the Mick Fleetwood 'I've removed my scrotum for artistic effect' cover! :eek:

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
He was sacked five weeks ago now, and offered a new job. How long do you take to make a decision on a job? I can't believe many employers would let you get away with wasting away over a month. It may be the close season, but this is really the most crucial period of the year. We need to be planning now, and putting in the groundwork for a successful season. I can't believe that not having a clue over the make-up of your coaching staff is really helping Adams achieve that. There is also the chance the club know Wilkins won't be coming back (which I believe to be the case), which then begs the question why not just make it public? They've made a very controversial decision in the first place (one which, had it happened at any other club, we'd be laughing at and labelling them a joke), so to then drag it out for so long seems to me to be just prolonging the uncertainty.

Neither the club nor DW has any obligation to make anything public.

Sure, we'd like to know what Dean is going to do, but we don't have a right to know. Maybe they gave him a certain deadline by which to make his decision and that deadline has not yet been reached.

I can't see why any of it should be a laughing matter or a joke.

It is a contractual matter between the club and an employee and, as such, is totally confidential until or unless they want to make it public. It is a metter between them, not us.

What's the rush, anyway?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Wilkins did not have a nervous breakdown !!!

Wilkins nearly took the post but in the end thought it was something that he felt might not work out and decided that he must leave.

No doubt he was extremely disappointed and felt that he was treated unfairly by some within the club.

I guess it has taken a bit of time to sort out the finer points of any severance deal.

I think once you post your "theories" on a message board they become rumours....and not very nice ones at that.

rumour
(US rumor)

• noun a currently circulating story or report of unverified or doubtful truth.

• verb (be rumoured) be circulated as a rumour.

— ORIGIN Latin rumor ‘noise’.

Well my theory is not a story or a report so I don't know how it can be a rumour?
How is a theory of Dean Wilkins possibly having a nervous breakdown not very nice? It happens to lots of people every day in this country.
I have not made any criticism of Wilkins when stating this theory either, if I had done I could understand you saying that it is not very nice.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Unfortunately the longer a (public) resolution takes the more conjecture there will be. Unfortunately because conjecture usually misses the target by some distance when the truth is known.

In an age which demands instant solutions to everything perhaps we could try to show a little patience?

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Thats right BOF. If Wilkins has taken this badly he should be given time. I think the clubs silence is showing some compassion and patience. Wilkins is a proud man and it could have affected him badly. Dr David Kelly after all when his professional integrity was put into question was so devastated that he went and killed himself. It affects people in different ways. Someone can laugh off a demotion or sacking, other people will go into an ever downward cycle of depression and self loathing.

I hope Wilkins is ok.

Very debateable point if David Kelly killed himself or if some other party did the deed. Think a certain Norman Baker is trying to assertain the truth in this case.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
As usual, the club too fcuking slow to sort things out... just a theory! :)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He won't like the fixture list.

We'll know that he's gone for certain ... by the end of the day.

Presumably that means he may have joined (in some capacity) a team that we encounter early in the season.

Rovers, Sarfend, O's or Yeovil presumably - going on southern based teams. But then he may move ooop north?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Very debateable point if David Kelly killed himself or if some other party did the deed. Think a certain Norman Baker is trying to assertain the truth in this case.

And were going to believe Norman ( I am a c*nt ) Baker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here