Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Who at the Amex?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Who are more Albert Hall, these days, than Stadium gigs....but Who knows?

They did a tour of cricket grounds 5 years ago. They still have the pull for medium sized out door shows.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
They would be a coup.
But it wont be as loud as that record breaking gig at Charlton's Valley in the mid 70's!

There were two Who shows at the Valley - 74 & 76. I was at the latter & am still drying out from the torrential rain that day. My other memory of the day is the bloke who climbed a floodlight pylon & dangled by his knees from the top.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
There were two Who shows at the Valley - 74 & 76. I was at the latter & am still drying out from the torrential rain that day. My other memory of the day is the bloke who climbed a floodlight pylon & dangled by his knees from the top.

Went to both - what a contrast of the balmy sunny evening of 74 and the rain of 76 -

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
This is probably something to do with our Irish CEO.........Barber o'riley.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Anyone remember the queue for tickets at the Brighton Centre late seventies - started queueing at 7am and got tickets around 3pm - long day but worth it in the end

May 12, 2009
Exact programme wording was 'For the Who fans amongst us, you'll be delighted to hear that next week the band will be making an exciting announcement'.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Yeah, 76 for me as well, and I remember that nutter too. Terrifying, I was sure he was gonna fall.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Amex are getting more involved in offering special deals to their cardholders for rock concerts and had a special pre-sale promo for the Who's US tour last year.....

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The long time (ex) Who manager, and still very good friend of RD is a member in the Profile Lounge. We talked about the Who at the Amex with him a couple of weeks back, apparently it is very much under consideration. Sorry, but I don't have any other real juicy tidbits, but one of Roger Daltreys questions was asking about the capacity of the Amex, not suggesting that is a sticking point, but that was the only specific detail mentioned.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Talk of touring Quadrophia for the first time in years, so a gig in Brighton would make sense. They did a warm up gig at the Centre a few years ago, which was their first in Brighton for ages.

No doubt for safety seasons Falmer station will be closed.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Talk of touring Quadrophia for the first time in years, so a gig in Brighton would make sense. They did a warm up gig at the Centre a few years ago, which was their first in Brighton for ages.

No doubt for safety seasons Falmer station will be closed.

They are touring Quadrophenia in the States at the moment.

If this happens, I will quite literally, soil myself.

Here's an image of the piece in the programme for those who haven't had a chance to read it.

BBj-KKmCcAAlM_l.jpg

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Can I just say thats its not really the who.

Its Daltrey and "whens the book?" Pete. Playing who songs.

Its like Paul and Ringo getting together and saying "The Beatles"

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Can I just say thats its not really the who.

Its Daltrey and "whens the book?" Pete. Playing who songs.

Its like Paul and Ringo getting together and saying "The Beatles"

I know you've deceived me now here's a surprise. Hardly the same:

The Who main vocals - Daltrey and Townshend
The Beatles main vocals - Mccartney and Lennon

So The Tw(h)o would be more valid than your Fab Two combo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here