Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Who at the Amex?

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
Can I just say thats its not really the who.

Its Daltrey and "whens the book?" Pete. Playing who songs.

Its like Paul and Ringo getting together and saying "The Beatles"

Granted - but the chances of seeing a better Who lineup are pretty slim wouldn't you agree?! Zak Starkey & Simon Townsend are as good as its going to get, unless Keith Moon rises from the ashes.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Did anyone from NSC see The Who at The Assembly Hall in Worthing in 1971? It was the first time they'd played "The Who's Next" live. I was at college then and my friend & I sneeked in and watched Keith Moon rehersing before we got chucked out. Phenomenal ! We had tickets anyway and it was an incredible concert. I saw them the previous year at Sussex Uni refectory, or to be precise I saw Townshend's arm periodically when he was doing his windmills. That was the "Live at Leeds" tour. How they still have the audacity to still call themselves The Who is beyond me.....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Daltrey only lives in Burwash, he could have his dinner at home, leave at 7pm and be on stage by 8.15pm.

He must have moved recently then because my son delivers parcels to his house in Wadhurst just down the road from PauL McCartneys ex,and there are 5 cars in the drive way with the number WHO

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He must have moved recently then because my son delivers parcels to his house in Wadhurst just down the road from PauL McCartneys ex,and there are 5 cars in the drive way with the number WHO

Ok if you want to be precise. It's halfway between Stonegate and Burwash Weald on the right hand side if your coming from Stonegate way. I doubt he has moved, he used to fly his micro-light over my Dad's farm and has a trout fishery in the grounds...But it is about 3 and a half miles from Wadhurst across country.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If that is the case that it comes under Burwash so be it, but my son delivered there this morning and the car WHO 5 was in the driveway and the parcel was for R Daltry and was in Blacksmiths Lane. I could be wrong and he could have a son or daughter with the initial R and a personal number plate in which case I apologize for questioning you.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If that is the case that it comes under Burwash so be it, but my son delivered there this morning and the car WHO 5 was in the driveway and the parcel was for R Daltry and was in Blacksmiths Lane. I could be wrong and he could have a son or daughter with the initial R and a personal number plate in which case I apologize for questioning you.

That could be Rosie, his daughter. I don't ever get involved in,,look at me look at me stuff. But I can assure you, Mr Daltrey has lived in the same place since the 70's.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
That could be Rosie, his daughter. I don't ever get involved in,,look at me look at me stuff. But I can assure you, Mr Daltrey has lived in the same place since the 70's.

He certainly has. Both my parents are from Burwash way and used to see him in the village a fair bit when they lived there back in the 70s.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Went to the Rose Bowl to watch them on that tour

So did I. I took my father with me who first started seeing The Who when they used to play at The Florida Rooms as The High Numbers back in the '60s. Anyone else remember this?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He certainly has. Both my parents are from Burwash way and used to see him in the village a fair bit when they lived there back in the 70s.

I used to see a farmer's daughter back in the mid/late '80s and she lived on a farm adjacent to his trout farm. I recall a pub with Donkey in the title, he was often seen in there.

The Kicking Donkey that will be......
The closure of the Kicking Donkey was a tragic loss for the beer (and cider) drinkers of Sussex. A pub like no other. And, yes, it was possible to sit in there, enjoying a conversation with Mr Daltrey, as I can vouch. They used to grow hops in the field over the road.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
If they walk out of the tunnel, will there be a rousing chorus of "WHO ARE YA, WHO ARE YA"

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
So did I. I took my father with me who first started seeing The Who when they used to play at The Florida Rooms as The High Numbers back in the '60s. Anyone else remember this?

I am afraid there are not that many of us old Brighton boys left on NSC Tuby. Did he go up the Scene on Saturday nights as well?

Attachments

• 224005_1834309295831_4330239_n.jpg
    224005_1834309295831_4330239_n.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Granted - but the chances of seeing a better Who lineup are pretty slim wouldn't you agree?! Zak Starkey & Simon Townsend are as good as its going to get, unless Keith Moon rises from the ashes.

Indeed but I maintain its NOT the Who its "the images were for research" Pete and Roger.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I know you've deceived me now here's a surprise. Hardly the same:

The Who main vocals - Daltrey and Townshend
The Beatles main vocals - Mccartney and Lennon

So The Tw(h)o would be more valid than your Fab Two combo.

Actually if they called themselves The Two that would be lolz.

But no its NOT the who.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here