Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

' The Wetherspoons Man '.

luke17

Oct 9, 2003
He does have a job.

There are others like him out there. When it comes ot August BH or Easter Time they will meet up somewhere and take in as many games as they can. If you look at Easter with Good Friday, saturday, Easter Sunday, BH Monday and often a Tuesday I think they can, with careful planning, do a dozen games.

Or this weekend when he's at the Welsh Amateur Hop

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
He does have a job.

There are others like him out there. When it comes ot August BH or Easter Time they will meet up somewhere and take in as many games as they can. If you look at Easter with Good Friday, saturday, Easter Sunday, BH Monday and often a Tuesday I think they can, with careful planning, do a dozen games.

Never knew all this. The guy is a f***ing legend and will be missed.

Interviewed the FA's librarian earlier this year, he's one of them - been to most non-league grounds in the country, goes every week and some midweeks. Top chap.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Doc's a mate of mine so here's a few unincriminating (I hope) facts.

He's 62 I reckon now, came to Brighton in the late 60's but his 'birth' team is QPR so has a soft spot for them.

He has been to Withers but will not watch league games there unless it's against a team he has not seen before. I reckon he'll be there for Orient in the LDV.

It's true he hasn't missed an away game in near 40 years and, as Carlisle is the anniversary, that's when he'll call it a day.

When Albion are at home he will find a game somewhere in the UK and has visited very nearly every senior ground above County league level. He also does the 'Spoons thing and for any trip he maps out a list of real ale pubs to get to, often in the most obscure of places.

He has had colds and flu, and who can wonder at it? You know it's cold when he resorts to wearing a jumper. Other than that it's a thin shirt and jacket, never a coat.

Has a passion for Irish sport and will often delve into his bag to find an obscure article on something or other and will look aghast if you don't appear to know what it's all about!

Also goes to a lot of gigs but has some wierd tastes in music too. Shuns the limelight but quite happy to be in the background and prefer to make his own way. A tendancy to mumble makes conversation difficult.

All in all pretty dependable bloke but he also comes from a politicly active age and is a man of principles as those at Yeovil may remember. A few years back, when there was only one bus for our fans he lay in the road and prevented traffic moving until more buses were supplied.

Oh, and he's not on NSC or have a computer at home.

:thumbsup:

Attachments

• YouDaManJesus.jpg
    YouDaManJesus.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 647

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham
Doc's a mate of mine so here's a few unincriminating (I hope) facts.

He's 62 I reckon now, came to Brighton in the late 60's but his 'birth' team is QPR so has a soft spot for them.

He has been to Withers but will not watch league games there unless it's against a team he has not seen before. I reckon he'll be there for Orient in the LDV.

It's true he hasn't missed an away game in near 40 years and, as Carlisle is the anniversary, that's when he'll call it a day.

When Albion are at home he will find a game somewhere in the UK and has visited very nearly every senior ground above County league level. He also does the 'Spoons thing and for any trip he maps out a list of real ale pubs to get to, often in the most obscure of places.

He has had colds and flu, and who can wonder at it? You know it's cold when he resorts to wearing a jumper. Other than that it's a thin shirt and jacket, never a coat.

Has a passion for Irish sport and will often delve into his bag to find an obscure article on something or other and will look aghast if you don't appear to know what it's all about!

Also goes to a lot of gigs but has some wierd tastes in music too. Shuns the limelight but quite happy to be in the background and prefer to make his own way. A tendancy to mumble makes conversation difficult.

All in all pretty dependable bloke but he also comes from a politicly active age and is a man of principles as those at Yeovil may remember. A few years back, when there was only one bus for our fans he lay in the road and prevented traffic moving until more buses were supplied.

Oh, and he's not on NSC or have a computer at home.

This man isnt a freak, hes what makes the world constantly surprising and an inspiration :thumbsup:

Dandyman

In London village.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Top man and for those of us that like to get to away games early he is often seen on the first train out of Brighton in the morning. Always happy to have a chat and has some great stories. He used to watch Celtic down the Lectern when they had the Celtic supporters club.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
My office overlooks it, I'll keep you updated if I spot him.

Dandyman

In London village.
My office overlooks it, I'll keep you updated if I spot him.

The legend that is Doc. T. also put in a special guest appearance at the wedding of the year on Saturday.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Me and Wilkin had a peek in his bag once. Just newspapers really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here