Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "we drew at Fulham" poll...

At Fulham, did we...

• Earn one point

Votes: 139 47.9%
  • Drop two points

Votes: 151 52.1%

• Total voters

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Fulham will be relieved to get that point, we were the better team, had a goal disallowed by var, hit the underside of bar and Welbeck went for a cross with the wrong foot when any touch would have resulted in a goal. It’s two points dropped in my opinion.

They would argue Loftus-Cheek missed a one on one, and our keeper made two excellent saves and was our highest rated player on the BBC player rater and in many people's opinion on here.

I think a draw was right across the 90 minutes. We should have won though, by playing better in the final quarter when the game was there for the taking.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Possibly.

If you look at the strikers we've had who have been more hit than miss in front of goal recently - Ulloa, Hemed, Zamora The Return and Murray - they all lack one obvious thing. It's the same thing that Maupay and Connolly do have.

If you want someone who can finish like Kane (or even like Murray) but with Maupay's movement and aggression and Lamptey's pace you're talking waaaaaay out of our price range, if such a player even exists - maybe only Mane or Son, nether of who are "9s". CH went for the slow, hold up play and reliable finish of the one or two chances per game we'd create. Potter has taken that down and gone for pace and movement up front but we can all see it results in more chances missed than taken. That's a coaching decision. And that's even before you start asking if we are practicing finishing regularly? I assume we must be but our attacking players don't quite seem to have the confidence, calmness or muscle memory that would come with that, for some reason.

The happy medium striker in our price range is Welbeck. I hope he's the one who leads us back to taking our chances.

All transfers, and especially those of players who have never played in the league you are in comes with risk as to whether they can adapt. Newcastle spent £40m on Joelinton, supposedly on £86k per week and he has 3 goals in 48 appearances.

With the greatest respect, our attacking players lacking confidence, calmness etc. doesn't = we don't practice finishing.

It turns into a blame game where we have very little information about what goes on day today, so we conclude it's the manager when things aren't going well. Every fan does it. It is the simplest, easiest target. Missing chances - we don't practice finishing. I don't think you really believe that, hence you pose it as a question, but need something to hang your frustrated hat on, perhaps we all do.

As comparison with Joelinton, Maupay cost £20m and has 14 goals in 48 appearances. Connolly £0 and has 4 goals in 33 apps. Their combined salaries won't get anywhere near Joelintons. That's not a bad coaching decision IMHO.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
All transfers, and especially those of players who have never played in the league you are in comes with risk as to whether they can adapt. Newcastle spent £40m on Joelinton, supposedly on £86k per week and he has 3 goals in 48 appearances.

With the greatest respect, our attacking players lacking confidence, calmness etc. doesn't = we don't practice finishing.

It turns into a blame game where we have very little information about what goes on day today, so we conclude it's the manager when things aren't going well. Every fan does it. It is the simplest, easiest target. Missing chances - we don't practice finishing. I don't think you really believe that, hence you pose it as a question, but need something to hang your frustrated hat on, perhaps we all do.

As comparison with Joelinton, Maupay cost £20m and has 14 goals in 48 appearances. Connolly £0 and has 4 goals in 33 apps. Their combined salaries won't get anywhere near Joelintons. That's not a bad coaching decision IMHO.

Going in circles a bit but of course I think we practice finishing, which is why I said "I assume we do". But we're not carrying it onto the pitch. Again, one or two games would be understandable, but all season?

And I take your Joelinton and raise you a Calvert-Lewin. A very raw forward who no one really rated just a season ago has been turned into an air hanging, goal scoring England centre forward under the tutelage of Duncan Ferguson.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
And I take your Joelinton and raise you a Calvert-Lewin. A very raw forward who no one really rated just a season ago has been turned into an air hanging, goal scoring England centre forward under the tutelage of Duncan Ferguson.

Who coaches our strikers? . . . lays balls across for them to hit first time in practice? coaches the guile etc. . . . There's possibly an argument. or discussion, we could do with Murray/Zamora back just to remind them how its done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here