Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "we drew at Fulham" poll...

At Fulham, did we...

• Earn one point

Votes: 139 47.9%
  • Drop two points

Votes: 151 52.1%

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not my intention.

My point is that you can have one, two or even five or so games where you are just simply unlucky or the striker chooses the wrong option. But a whole season? That's a massive issue. Either in coaching, or in recruitment or, more likely, a disconnect between the two.

Or in the quality you get for the money you're prepared to spend / pay. The elephant in the room in my opinion. I'm supportive of the current setup because it's TB's money, his call on budgets and salaries. Think we can do better, but don't think we're in panic stations yet. Hopefully go into Sunday with a bit more confidence than we must have felt following the Southampton, Leicester defeats.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Or in the quality you get for the money you're prepared to spend / pay. The elephant in the room in my opinion. I'm supportive of the current setup because it's TB's money, his call on budgets and salaries. Think we can do better, but don't think we're in panic stations yet. Hopefully go into Sunday with a bit more confidence than we must have felt following the Southampton, Leicester defeats.

Sunday is a must win game in my opinion, for player confidence alone, Sheffield Utd. have amassed a poultry point all season and that was at home to Fulham,

if we don't get the points on Sunday this board will be in meltdown.

At least Potter has got one thing right Sanchez starts..

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Anything away is always 'earned' not 'dropped' IMO and we're generally doing OK on that front. It's our very poor home record that's the primary issue for me. There aren't any 'must win' games with 25 left to play, but we could sorely do with a nice home win and a few goals to bolster the confidence.

We don't seem to have found a combination up front that has clicked yet. The injury to Lallana didn't help the development/understanding/selection either....I prefer him sitting behind two up front in a 3-4-1-2 type thing - Maups and Welbz ideally.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sunday is a must win game in my opinion, for player confidence alone, Sheffield Utd. have amassed a poultry point all season and that was at home to Fulham,

What we don’t need is a chicken shit performance

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Yes but albion have forever been the dial up team to get points from when you are on a bad run.

It is just what we do.

Kick-start your season r us.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

If Sheffield United lose again tonight, I'm not sure Chris Wilder will still be in charge Sunday lunchtime. With the very quick turnaround there would be no excuses with having an extra day's rest over them. They haven't got the luxury of resting players either with their small squad as they'll see Sunday as being the bigger match even though it's Manchester United this evening.

Heaven forbid they won at the Amex, this board would blow up like one of Inspector Gadget's notes!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Our problem, and I said it on an earlier thread, is that we can't score for a toffee. Despite Welbeck looking very promising, we are just not getting it in the net. Lots of promising play and no goals.

Was slightly bemused by the 'knocking it up to the big guy' approach in the first half last night. OK, so GP will mix it up, but he really is the ultimate tinkerer.

Stick it in the bloody net!

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Gained a point, And whilst Fulham got one , most importantly stopped them from having another two !

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Right now I feel somewhat disillusioned, whereas previously I've always been relatively lusioned.

I think not going to matches, my frustration with VAR and a terrible year personally have made me care less than ever about football generally. Including the Albion, for the first time in my life.

I think I haven't really connected with Potter and can't relate to the current team. I think we're doing fine for our level an for within the limits of

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Right now I feel somewhat disillusioned, whereas previously I've always been relatively lusioned.

I think not going to matches, my frustration with VAR and a terrible year personally have made me care less than ever about football generally. Including the Albion, for the first time in my life.

I think I haven't really connected with Potter and can't relate to the current team. I think we're doing fine for our level within the limits of our budget, ambition and expectations. It's just not exciting me without being there and having those special moments

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Possibly.

If you look at the strikers we've had who have been more hit than miss in front of goal recently - Ulloa, Hemed, Zamora The Return and Murray - they all lack one obvious thing. It's the same thing that Maupay and Connolly do have.

If you want someone who can finish like Kane (or even like Murray) but with Maupay's movement and aggression and Lamptey's pace you're talking waaaaaay out of our price range, if such a player even exists - maybe only Mane or Son, nether of who are "9s". CH went for the slow, hold up play and reliable finish of the one or two chances per game we'd create. Potter has taken that down and gone for pace and movement up front but we can all see it results in more chances missed than taken. That's a coaching decision. And that's even before you start asking if we are practicing finishing regularly? I assume we must be but our attacking players don't quite seem to have the confidence, calmness or muscle memory that would come with that, for some reason.

The happy medium striker in our price range is Welbeck. I hope he's the one who leads us back to taking our chances.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The "we drew at Fulham" poll...

I will take issue with the choice and timing of substitutions again.

Fulham were tiring after their press and would have expected this to have been picked up when replacing Trossard with a striker rather than AJ who I’m afraid offered nothing.

The same when gross came on, clearly we had set up for a point which on this occasion is the wrong attitude, they were their for the taking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Fulham will be relieved to get that point, we were the better team, had a goal disallowed by var, hit the underside of bar and Welbeck went for a cross with the wrong foot when any touch would have resulted in a goal. It’s two points dropped in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here