Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The view from Mr Average fan....

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Going along to meet your mates (I sit with a group of 4 others in the North Stand) is as much part of going to see the Albion for me as the actual match itself. They are all very good friends who, as I am in London most of the time apart from at weekends, I would not see them at other times. This is a major part of what will keep me renewing. Going match by match would make it very difficult to meet up. However, working in London, the number of weekday games is becoming a considerable pain - I have to leave the office by 5.30 at the very latest, which means work I could get done is left till when I'm next in and I'm currently working part-time, which makes it very hard to catch up. If I could guarantee to sit with my mates, I would have to seriously consider whether to renew, especially as the £395 ticket price cannot go on for many seasons. It certainly isn't the football that governs my decision at present.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
I think many will not renew their s/t next season because of the poor standard of results at home so far and the major factor will most likely be what increase Mr Barber tries to bring in. The board will have to very careful in their pricing because the product at the moment doesn't warrant an increase and they like to get us to renew before the season ends and at this time the form is more bottom half than top 10.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
These posts don't appear after a win? I come away deflated, but once my mood has settled I see things rosey again. Ask this same question after a convincing win and the general consensus will be different.

I know a few "average" fans and we were discussing this last night strongly enough, they are renewing and planning to get extra tickets for their kids too, so i guess as someone already posted it is a matter of preferences and some enjoy the social side too.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
The prospect of footie on a Saturday is what sometimes gets me through the week......
and I get to see my folks on Brighton as well (living in London). I would never not renew.....
despite the cost.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
im unhappy but will be in north stand next year singing my heart

brighton till i die as they say

D

Deleted member 2719

I've supported the Seagulls for 34 years since being taken to the Goldstone by my Dad as a 10 year old.

I have had a season ticket for 4 of those seasons, once at The Goldstone, once at Withdean and the first two seasons at The Amex.

In the seasons I don't have a season ticket I still watch them play but just not as regularly.

This is not an issue to me - I'm a family man, I run my own business, and as much as I love The Albion - they are not the be all and end all in my life.

Our first season at The Amex was so exciting and I, like many others, thought we would push on this season. We have shown glimpses of greatness this season, but, so far, on the whole, I have come away feeling like we are just not as good as we were last season.

With all the additional seats coming on stream by March / April, I am thinking that maybe I won't renew my season ticket. I will still go to a fair few games, but unless we drastically improve over the next two or three months, I sense that a fair number of 'Mr Average' fans like me maybe feeling the same.

It just won't be hard to get tickets in future unless we are really challenging for the Premier League.

Just wondered how other Mr or Mrs Average feel at the moment?

Will I guess get some boorish abuse from the die hard fanaticals but let's hope not.

I am with you in as much we have kids and run our own business which is a busy life so the Albion is my outlet and when it get as frustrating as it has been for near on a year, it will be too easy not to renew. I could so easily listen to the radio while tinkering with my motorbike in my shed having a cheap cup of tea and biscuit at half time.

SO time to prove us wrong and make us RENEW our season tickets. GUS it's your job to get your team THAT YOU BOUGHT, who happen to be playing in front of the BIGGEST crowds in the Championship TO HIT THE BACK OF THE F***ing NET.:goal:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
'I think a few minds might be made up when the renewal letters come out with a nice little increase in cost...'

This, is for me, the salient point. If there is a big hike, then I just can't afford it. The quality/style of football etc is incidental I love going to see my team.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I cannot see any hike in ST prices, it would be a suicidal move given the current quality of end product at home games.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Starting to agree with the OP. Only reason I bought an ST was to ensure I could get to the games last season. This season the reason was the same, but I am becoming disenchanted with a series of poor results combined with a boring style of play and a lack of goals.
It was the same at Withdean. I bought an ST before the West Stand went in as it was the only way to ensure I got to see games. Once the extra seats were added I didn't bother with an ST as tickets available for the matches I wanted to see.
With the extra seats next season I may well reconsider.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
The Albion have been good to watch away from home.
At home it is important to entertain and score goals and win games. That isn't going to happen when a team doesn't push players forward and also sets up with a defensive line-up.
I will renew my season ticket but I'm a bit of a fanatic.
The Albion team have not progressed since March 2012 ....21 months ago. Yes I know the Championship is a much higher standard.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
I was born in Brighton and will support my team even if we were in the conference. I think the reaction on here over the last few days has been nothing short of hysterical.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
The Albion have been good to watch away from home.
At home it is important to entertain and score goals and win games. That isn't going to happen when a team doesn't push players forward and also sets up with a defensive line-up.
I will renew my season ticket but I'm a bit of a fanatic.
The Albion team have not progressed since March 2012 ....21 months ago. Yes I know the Championship is a much higher standard.

Erm, I don't mean to piss on your parade but March 2012 wasn't 21 months ago

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think everyone has a choice, and if fans want to give up their season tickets, so be it, it's a free country.

I just hope that everyone who decides to give their Season Ticket up doesn't feel the need to start a fresh thread about it, citing exactly the same reasons as others have already given. Football doesn't excite me, I only want to watch a winning team,I can't get home in five minutes etc. (we know people will, the same one's who keep starting threads about BZ/Owen coming, my fifth pie was cold etc).

This is not a pop at the OP, he has genuine reasons but NSC has always been renowned for people jumping on bandwagons.

And Perlease, those of you who are giving up your STs. You WILL pay more for individual matches. Don't go on about it next season, when we play CP or Man U in the cup.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I think everyone has a choice, and if fans want to give up their season tickets, so be it, it's a free country.

I just hope that everyone who decides to give their Season Ticket up doesn't feel the need to start a fresh thread about it, citing exactly the same reasons as others have already given. Football doesn't excite me, I only want to watch a winning team,I can't get home in five minutes etc. (we know people will, the same one's who keep starting threads about BZ/Owen coming, my fifth pie was cold etc).

This is not a pop at the OP, he has genuine reasons but NSC has always been renowned for people jumping on bandwagons.

And Perlease, those of you who are giving up your STs. You WILL pay more for individual matches. Don't go on about it next season, when we play CP or Man U in the cup.

Totally agree. Far too much negativity and moaning on NSC. I will definitely be renewing and what is more, I don't want the club to go into the Prem. I like it in the Championship and I feel that it's our natural home, we are a big club in the Championship and that's how I like it.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Yep. Well said. If people can't afford it fine. I don't buy the boring football line that many people use - god knows what they expect. We play some fantastic stuff sometimes and we're a better side overall than last season for sure, so we're still making progress. After waiting 14 years to watch us in a proper ground again, it'll take a lot more than a handful of bad games in 2 seasons to put me off - bit each to their own. As long as they don't bleat about it when they can't get a ticket in the season when we're flying at the top of the table...

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

In amongst all the doom and gloom there are brilliant posts like this !!

The same posters will moan too when we draw United away in the cup and they can't get a ticket and that it's unfair for non-STHs, they will then also moan if we lost to one of the best clubs in the country.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I see myself as generally rational and reasonable, but football changes it all. I am passionate about Brighton and Hove Albion, I love the club and it matters to me. Whether we're playing well or not, I will go to every game I can because that's how I support the club.

Admittedly, I wantes to move away from the city this year which would have reduced the games I could have gone to. I was fully prepared to move away and even follow the locals for the football fix. It didn't happen and whilst I am sad about it, and will be for a while, I love going to the Amex. Going to the Newcastle game with a good friend of mine and looking forward to seeing a game in the company of a Brighton fan. Much as I love those around me in my ST seat, it'll be good seeing a game specifically with someone for a change.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
I was born in Brighton and will support my team even if we were in the conference. I think the reaction on here over the last few days has been nothing short of hysterical.

This. Except I wasn't born in Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here