Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The view from Mr Average fan....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I am interested to hear more from the posters moaning about "midweek & evening" KO's.

Midweek 19.45 KO's have been going on for years and always will do.
It's not he existence it's the positioning.

2 weeks without a home game, then Sat/Tues and another 2 weeks without a game.
I enjoy the evening games but not 72 hours after the last match, and 2 weeks before the next.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I enjoy the evening games but not 72 hours after the last match, and 2 weeks before the next.

That is exactly right. Too many long gaps between weekend games.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

This is something the Football League needs to address. Nobody seems happy with the strange organisation of the fixtures this season or have a reason for why its like it.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
View attachment 37932View attachment 37932 remember 96/97 then it don't look so bad

Clearly
But it is possible to analyse our current situation postively and negatively. Gone are the days where be bought players for a set of kit and some are on wages that could've covered our entire squad just a few years ago. Expectations are going to be higher than they used to be, and rightly so.

The 90s were a desperate time.
Of late has just felt disappointing.

Gullzone

Apr 14, 2012
This Green and Pleasant Land
I thought the tickets for the Newcastle game were cheaper last season, but was soon told differently, so you can't put the blame on Barber for this year's prices.
I'll continue with a st because it's the cheapest and most convenient way to get tickets to matches and the game is only part of the experience for me. Meeting up with mates and the general belonging to my local team is all part of it as well.

Yes i will continue with st too, apart from the football its as you said, good to meet up with mates and support our local team and in a fantastic stadium. However lets hope this drop in form is temporary, we just need to convert a percentage of the many chances created.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I have yet to make up my mind whether to renew my ST,the following items are a factor
1.Lack of entertainment,plenty of possession at times at a walking pace but little excitement in our opponents goal area leading to few goals scored.
2.Question of promotion not a problem,never considered us as a Premiership side so content with a top half of the table
3.Total time taken to attend games which interfers with family and other activities.
4.Too many games played midweek,which could be avoided if tickets purchased on a match by match basis.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
1. That has been new factor for me. The Gus possession revolution was exciting at Withdean and for spells at The Amex. But the Millwall and Watford games have shocked, as teams have started to outplay us in our own stadium.

3. The extra time needed for the travel to/from, has made games a bit of a saga. It explains why characters who would never in the past have left a finely balanced game early, do so in their many thousands at the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here