Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ultimate REFERENDUM thread

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
This thread is better off without him. His posts are often just utter nonsense and a waste of people's time. That last one about costs of data was a prime example.

As one of the 'people' you so kindly seek to speak for I beg to differ. I don't think anyone's views no matter how supposedly nonsensical should be censored. Nonsense of course being defined as opinion at variance with your own. I wonder which precious soul objected to his opinions.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I don't think anyone's views no matter how supposedly nonsensical should be censored. Nonsense of course being defined as opinion at variance with your own. I wonder which precious soul objected to his opinions.

the EU like to silence dissent, ignore opinion and votes that go against them, so i imagine its natural for their supporters to accept censorship. though i dont really know if anyone has been banned from a thread, im not sure it happens on NSC. there are outright offensive posters that remain on thread and on forum.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
As one of the 'people' you so kindly seek to speak for I beg to differ. I don't think anyone's views no matter how supposedly nonsensical should be censored. Nonsense of course being defined as opinion at variance with your own. I wonder which precious soul objected to his opinions.

Dear JC Footy Genius

I agree with you, and it certainly wasn't me!

Yours sincerely

Wet Dream Tory Liar

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Dear Wet Dream Tory Liar

I never thought it was you! I would be honoured to be on the receiving end of his uniquely entertaining, voluminous responses. You are truly blessed.

Actually it may not have been any contributor to this thread rather a case of over zealous moderation ... shirley not.

Or even deserved for reasons we are unaware of!!

But certainly not a fan of silencing opposing opinion even if they appear to be someone's arch nemesis (HT)!!!

Yours Sincerely

Proud spouter of Little Englander nonsense.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Dear Wet Dream Tory Liar

I never thought it was you! I would be honoured to be on the receiving end of his uniquely entertaining, voluminous responses. You are truly blessed.

Actually it may not have been any contributor to this thread rather a case of over zealous moderation ... shirley not.

Or even deserved for reasons we are unaware of!!

But certainly not a fan of silencing opposing opinion even if they appear to be someone's arch nemesis (HT)!!!

Yours Sincerely

Proud spouter of Little Englander nonsense.
Wasn't me either.

Yours etc.

Contrarian, dripping wet Tory

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
What is the purpose of the EU?
For people of poorer countries to flock to the big economie countries within?
Deserting their own countries that have been literally ripped apart by the EU and nothing has changed for how many years?

Freedom of movement will benefit the rich countries temporarily but will decimate other countries and this is not what the EU was about as all EU countries should have growing economies,but the gulf is bloody huge.

It will never work

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
It will never work

It depends what your definition of the project "working" is.

If you define success as binding the European nation states together to prevent the atrocities of the two great wars fought in the last century, then the EU could already be judged to have worked.

If you choose another yardstick, such as the equitable distribution of wealth across all member states or the success of the single currency, then possibly not.

Basically, eees complicated.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Censorship is one thing, spam is something different. I have no issue with people with opposing views. But stupid posts like the ones Cunning Fergus provides serve no purpose to either side.

And it wasn't me who asked for him to banned. Although I'm not sure he has been banned.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Censorship is one thing, spam is something different. I have no issue with people with opposing views. But stupid posts like the ones Cunning Fergus provides serve no purpose to either side.

And it wasn't me who asked for him to banned. Although I'm not sure he has been banned.

I would never put you in a 'precious soul' category HT. They were worth reading for entertainment value alone especially watching how you both take every opportunity to have a dig at each other. I'm guessing there's history between the two of you .. a bit like the hundred years war?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The European Union’s highest legal authority misled the public and abused its own procedures to double the number of judges on its general court in Luxembourg, according to one of the tribunal’s own members.

Franklin Dehousse, a Belgian judge in the European Court of Justice (ECJ) broke with judicial convention to attack the EU’s most powerful body, which has the power to overrule national law and parliaments.

Last year the EU, despite British, Belgian and Dutch opposition, doubled the number of judges on the ECJ’s general court, its second highest tribunal. The extra judges will cost €22.9 million (£18.2 million)

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/eu-court-pretended-to-have-backlog-to-get-more-judges-wmbzllqv6

Worrying. Not that we can do anything about it of course

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Home Secretary Theresa May has cited the European Arrest Warrant as a key reason to stay in the EU

Suspected criminals should not be deported from Britain to other European countries if they might suffer poor treatment in prison, the EU’s top court ruled today.

In two cases relating to Hungarian and Romanian national, the European Court of Justice said European Arrest Warrants did not mean suspects should be automatically surrendered.

The EAW is designed to speed up the extradition process for European Union citizens who have fled one country and are wanted for criminal proceedings in another.

Home Secretary Theresa May cited the EAW as a key reason for Britain to stay a member of the European Union in June’s referendum.

But a risk of inhuman or degrading treatment in jail for the suspect is enough to halt extradition, ECJ judges ruled today.

The ECJ was asked about the legal position following cases in which warrants were issued in Hungary and Romania.

A Hungarian investigating magistrate issued two EAWs with respect to Pal Aranyosi, a Hungarian national, so that a criminal prosecution could be brought for alleged offences of forced entry and theft.

The other case involved an EAW issued by a Romanian court in relation to Robert Caldararu to secure the enforcement of a prison sentence of one year and eight months imposed for driving without a driving licence.

Both men were located in Germany, where Mr Caldararu is currently detained. Mr Aranyosi is not in custody.

A German regional court found that the detention conditions to which Mr Aranyosi and Mr Caldararu might be subject in the Hungarian and Romanian prisons respectively were contrary to fundamental rights.

The ruling highlighted provisions which prohibit inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.

Previously the European Court of Human Rights held that Romania and Hungary had infringed rights due to prison overcrowding.

The German court sought to clarify with the ECJ whether this meant the execution of arrest warrants can or must be refused, or made subject to the condition that information sufficient to establish that detention conditions are compatible with fundamental rights is obtained.

Where the risk derives from ‘general detention conditions’, this cannot in itself lead to the execution of the warrant being refused.

There must be substantial grounds for believing the individual concerned will be exposed to such a risk because of the conditions in which it is envisaged that he or she will be detained, the court found.

The ECJ does not decide the individual cases

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Home Secretary Theresa May has cited the European Arrest Warrant as a key reason to stay in the EU

Suspected criminals should not be deported from Britain to other European countries if they might suffer poor treatment in prison, the EU’s top court ruled today.

In two cases relating to Hungarian and Romanian national, the European Court of Justice said European Arrest Warrants did not mean suspects should be automatically surrendered.

The EAW is designed to speed up the extradition process for European Union citizens who have fled one country and are wanted for criminal proceedings in another.

Home Secretary Theresa May cited the EAW as a key reason for Britain to stay a member of the European Union in June’s referendum.

But a risk of inhuman or degrading treatment in jail for the suspect is enough to halt extradition, ECJ judges ruled today.

Well persevered with. Although this could be viewed as a pro EU news item :whistle:

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Deserting their own countries that have been literally ripped apart by the EU and nothing has changed for how many years?

Freedom of movement will benefit the rich countries temporarily but will decimate other countries and this is not what the EU was about as all EU countries should have growing economies,but the gulf is bloody huge.

It will never work

Hardly. Countries that join the EU do pretty well out of it. Take Poland, or Romania, or Estonia, or Slovakia etc. Freedom of movement allows people to work in the UK and send some of their pay back home. This makes us all richer. "Literally ripped apart by the EU" - you make it sound like they've been invaded.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

It will never work

Free movement will almost certainly still be in place even after a Brexit. The 2 years negotiating after a Brexit are not really a negotiation. They are terms that the EU will come up with to allow the UK access to the single market. At the top of that list of demands will be free movement. In order to stop free movement Britain will have to cut all ties and refuse the deal. It will inevitably lead to a very messy and costly divorce for the UK.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The 2 years negotiating after a Brexit are not really a negotiation. They are terms that the EU will come up with to allow the UK access to the single market.
That's so wrong it's laughable.

You want us to remain in, I get it, but spouting such nonsense makes any analysis you give worthless.

D

Deleted member 22389

Free movement will almost certainly still be in place even after a Brexit. The 2 years negotiating after a Brexit are not really a negotiation. They are terms that the EU will come up with to allow the UK access to the single market. At the top of that list of demands will be free movement. In order to stop free movement Britain will have to cut all ties and refuse the deal. It will inevitably lead to a very messy and costly divorce for the UK.

Putting free movement to one side, if we Remain, we will most definitely be forced in to accepting EU quotas for migrants outside of the EU. The EU are a bunch of bullies, and when they don't get what they want, they will push through laws to make it happen without any of us actually getting a say, then we have this TTIP thing, and also the EU will be wanting more money from us and there is the prospect of Turkey, and possibly even Ukraine joining the EU along with a load of other countries. People have had enough not just in this country, but across the whole EU, we just don't get to hear about it.

Prime example from June of the last year, Turn off the Mic's

Last edited by a moderator:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here