Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ultimate REFERENDUM thread

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
because irrespective of what they think these are the type of people who gain to benefit most out of the EU. just as blair kinnock and all of the rest have done so. all on a promise. .

Blimey, I find it hard enough to weigh up all the opinions of experts on either side of the in/out argument without having to analyse the secret motives behind each of those opinions. Just out of interest, do you discount Boris's views on the EU on the basis that he stands a great deal to gain from us leaving, or does the 'personal interest' factor apply only to those who think we should remain?

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Blimey, I find it hard enough to weigh up all the opinions of experts on either side of the in/out argument without having to analyse the secret motives behind each of those opinions. Just out of interest, do you discount Boris's views on the EU on the basis that he stands a great deal to gain from us leaving, or does the 'personal interest' factor apply only to those who think we should remain?

the most that boris stands to gain by leaving is a place inside number 10 otherwise it's payouts simply do not outweigh that of what the EU has on offer.. which is why most especially blair lick arse and promote the idea until you are sick to death of hearing it. .

boris for the time being at least.has my seal of approval in respect that he does not look to be doing this solely for his own financial gain otherwise he would have most certainly chosen the remain route, plus the man talks in a language that any idiot can understand unlike blair and cameron who speak with the intention of making themselves sound clever when in fact they are not. , so for that he has my rating.. . ,

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
the most that boris stands to gain by leaving is a place inside number 10 otherwise it's payouts simply do not outweigh that of what the EU has on offer.. which is why most especially blair lick arse and promote the idea until you are sick to death of hearing it. .

boris for the time being at least.has my seal of approval in respect that he does not look to be doing this solely for his own financial gain otherwise he would have most certainly chosen the remain route, plus the man talks in a language that any idiot can understand unlike blair and cameron who speak with the intention of making themselves sound clever when in fact they are not. , so for that he has my rating.. . ,

And Boris is certainly on the case. Why, only last week he was warning gays that they should vote to leave on the grounds that some nasty people in Europe aren't as liberal as Brits and this followed
his key revelation that the EU was planning to ban eight year olds from inflating balloons. Impressive-sounding stuff, spoilt slightly only by the fact that one of the public figures to be cynical about gay marriage was Boris and the balloon story was made up.

Never mind, as you say, the only thing he stands to gain from Brexit is becoming prime minister - so not much for him there then - and, to use your word not mine, he does use language the idiot in the street can understand. Clearly.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Being against gay marriage doesn't make someone anti-gay rights. From what I understand it's to do with their (the anti-marriage camp) view of what 'marriage' constitutes. Boris is firmly in favour of civil partnerships. There are gay men and women who also hold the same views, Christopher Biggins for example.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Being against gay marriage doesn't make someone anti-gay rights. From what I understand it's to do with their (the anti-marriage camp) view of what 'marriage' constitutes. Boris is firmly in favour of civil partnerships. There are gay men and women who also hold the same views, Christopher Biggins for example.

Fair point. Even so, Boris's insinuation that gays might be under threat if we don't leave the EU isn't the most sober of claims. In fact, if an Inner had said it they might even be accused of scaremongering.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
And Boris is certainly on the case. Why, only last week he was warning gays that they should vote to leave on the grounds that some nasty people in Europe aren't as liberal as Brits and this followed
his key revelation that the EU was planning to ban eight year olds from inflating balloons. Impressive-sounding stuff, spoilt slightly only by the fact that one of the public figures to be cynical about gay marriage was Boris and the balloon story was made up.

Never mind, as you say, the only thing he stands to gain from Brexit is becoming prime minister - so not much for him there then - and, to use your word not mine, he does use language the idiot in the street can understand. Clearly.

Clearly you are unaware of the absurd amount of EU red tape involved in regulating the production of lubricants causing inflated prices*. How I know this doesn't matter, suffice to say Boris is right even when he's wrong!

Saucer of milk for one?

*Possibly just made that up

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Critics now claim Europe’s “open borders” are to blame as migrants continue to tap Britain’s welfare state.
The fresh call to control who can enter the UK came after it was said taxpayers have unwittingly helped to build more than 300 mansions in one small Romanian town alone.
Tandarei has become the Roma town Britain built, with many extravagant homes believed to have been bankrolled thanks to handouts claimed here.
Five years ago there were fewer than 100 mansions in Tandarei.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/656553/Roma-gypsy-palaces-quit-EU-benefits-Brexit

D

Deleted member 22389

Critics now claim Europe’s “open borders” are to blame as migrants continue to tap Britain’s welfare state.
The fresh call to control who can enter the UK came after it was said taxpayers have unwittingly helped to build more than 300 mansions in one small Romanian town alone.
Tandarei has become the Roma town Britain built, with many extravagant homes believed to have been bankrolled thanks to handouts claimed here.

Just out of interest I visited this town on Google Maps, very nice mansions indeed.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@44.6474149,27.6554763,14z

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/656553/Roma-gypsy-palaces-quit-EU-benefits-Brexit

You saying that Tandarei had only 100 mansions five years ago? Tinpot dump.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Many migrants know what they're entitled too and even a human rights woman in Calais admitted that the migrants/asylum seekers are educating eachother on what they need to say or claim once they arrive.

Sadly the west are naive as to what many are after:glare:
Let's be honest if you're being bombed and persecuted then anywhere would be a great place and that includes turkey and other Arab states,but o know they're flock into Europe once the German trout opens her mouth.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009

could seriously get you done on grounds of discrimination for that, im sure the EU wouldn't object as they advocate approval of such utter dribble anyway:smile:..

to sum up what i was saying is boris isn't a brought man whereas cameron and blair clearly are, which by my reckoning makes him far more trustworthy than any given IN campaigner could possibly ever imagine to be.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
this thread is now seriously lacking from some input from the banned cunning fergus

barred i suspect by a mod who has had a handbag clash with him in the past,as i cant believe any of the contributors on this thread who disagree with his views would actually report any of his posts

i would go on hunger strike as a protest but i have to eat 2 pies on saturday as apparently this is now lucky

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Being in the EU makes it harder to stop serious criminals and those with suspected terror links entering the UK, a government minister says.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35921608

Speaking to BBC Radio 4's Today programme ahead of his speech, Mr Raab said the UK had been able to stop only 6,000 EU citizens from entering the UK, compared to "67,000" from outside the EU.
He said this was because EU rules meant EU nationals could only be barred if they presented "a genuine, serious and current threat". Criminal convictions alone were not enough to block entry, he said.
Mr Raab said this was "a very serious chink in our security apparatus and it is a direct result of EU"

In his speech the justice minister argued that the sheer number of people who could legally come to the UK from the EU made it "exponentially harder" for those presenting a "credible and current danger" to be monitored and stopped.

Although the UK is not a member of the Schengen borderless travel zone and carries out passport checks, Mr Raab said the current system reduces the capacity for effective surveillance and leaves the UK effectively "importing risk".

"Crucially, for UK intelligence agencies, we cannot bar individuals on whom we have sketchy intelligence but reason to believe may be linked to terrorist related or other serious criminal activity. Or who may have done something which gives rise to questions, such as visiting Syria, without a clear or credible reason," he said.

He added: "EU rules set the bar for taking meaningful action impossibly high, which means we effectively have to give a free pass into Britain to those coming from the EU."

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Being in the EU makes it harder to stop serious criminals and those with suspected terror links entering the UK, a government minister says.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35921608

Speaking to BBC Radio 4's Today programme ahead of his speech, Mr Raab said the UK had been able to stop only 6,000 EU citizens from entering the UK, compared to "67,000" from outside the EU.
He said this was because EU rules meant EU nationals could only be barred if they presented "a genuine, serious and current threat". Criminal convictions alone were not enough to block entry, he said.
Mr Raab said this was "a very serious chink in our security apparatus and it is a direct result of EU"

In his speech the justice minister argued that the sheer number of people who could legally come to the UK from the EU made it "exponentially harder" for those presenting a "credible and current danger" to be monitored and stopped.

Although the UK is not a member of the Schengen borderless travel zone and carries out passport checks, Mr Raab said the current system reduces the capacity for effective surveillance and leaves the UK effectively "importing risk".

"Crucially, for UK intelligence agencies, we cannot bar individuals on whom we have sketchy intelligence but reason to believe may be linked to terrorist related or other serious criminal activity. Or who may have done something which gives rise to questions, such as visiting Syria, without a clear or credible reason," he said.

He added: "EU rules set the bar for taking meaningful action impossibly high, which means we effectively have to give a free pass into Britain to those coming from the EU."

Oh no. That's it then, I'm just off to lock my family in the cellar.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
this thread is now seriously lacking from some input from the banned cunning fergus

barred i suspect by a mod who has had a handbag clash with him in the past,as i cant believe any of the contributors on this thread who disagree with his views would actually report any of his posts

i would go on hunger strike as a protest but i have to eat 2 pies on saturday as apparently this is now lucky

This thread is better off without him. His posts are often just utter nonsense and a waste of people's time. That last one about costs of data was a prime example.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
This thread is better off without him. His posts are often just utter nonsense and a waste of people's time. That last one about costs of data was a prime example.
Agreed.

Did he ever post anything about the albion?

Perhaps NSC needs a referendum sub forum where anyone can UKIP away to their heart's content :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here