Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ultimate REFERENDUM thread

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The Over 60s will be the ones who help save this country, they have seen the best times and they don't want their own children or grandchildren to suffer any longer. This country could be so much better than it is now.

Willie Walsh BA, Brexit will not have material impact
http://buyingbusinesstravel.com/new...exit-will-not-have-‘material-impact’-business
Agree...This country is being starved of funding when it should be the opposite right now.People are not happy and financially most are seriously struggling as well as the stretched public services.

Our own government don't seem interested in spending money on our infrastructure wether it's schools,hospitals,homes and even the police cuts and council budgets are dropping like a stone....something is drastically wrong and will only get worse.

D

Deleted member 22389

Agree...This country is being starved of funding when it should be the opposite right now.People are not happy and financially most are seriously struggling as well as the stretched public services.

Our own government don't seem interested in spending money on our infrastructure wether it's schools,hospitals,homes and even the police cuts and council budgets are dropping like a stone....something is drastically wrong and will only get worse.

And we keep sending 50 million quid a day to the EU, that could build a new school, be put in to the NHS, help get industry back on it's feet in this country. We could be doing so much more.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012

I know you're minds made up but this does rather undermine your 'backwards to go forwards', you appreciate that Brexit would lead to serious uncertainty (its already begun) and hit business investment, not to mention trade with the EU and our trade agreements with other countries. Tax receipts will fall and the cost of borrowing will rise.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I don't know if it did, either way the tables have turned sir; https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque !

They are sound points well made in a typically cool fashion. Scaremongering, though, no doubt !

You are mistaken sir I asked a genuine question as I did not know the answer.

They make a case which you agree with, the temperature of their opinion is irrelevant.

The Over 60s will be the ones who help save this country, they have seen the best times and they don't want their own children or grandchildren to suffer any longer. This country could be so much better than it is now.

Willie Walsh BA, Brexit will not have material impact
http://buyingbusinesstravel.com/new...exit-will-not-have-‘material-impact’-business

Good point those of an older generation remember a time when we weren't shackled to a European political project and know the Sky won't fall in if we choose to leave.

Willie Walsh doesn't sign up to the doomsday scenario nor do others who should have some idea of what they are talking about.

Brexit could benefit UK economy, says £8bn fund manager

Neil Woodford says British EU withdrawal would have no lasting negative economic impact and attacks ‘bogus’ debate

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...oodford-fund-manager-capital-economics-report

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
You are mistaken sir I asked a genuine question as I did not know the answer.

They make a case which you agree with, the temperature of their opinion is irrelevant.

Good point those of an older generation remember a time when we weren't shackled to a European political project and know the Sky won't fall in if we choose to leave.

Willie Walsh doesn't sign up to the doomsday scenario nor do others who should have some idea of what they are talking about.

Brexit could benefit UK economy, says £8bn fund manager

Neil Woodford says British EU withdrawal would have no lasting negative economic impact and attacks ‘bogus’ debate

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...oodford-fund-manager-capital-economics-report

Apologies. I googled it and couldn't find out if they supported UK joining the euro. It doesn't sound out of the realm of possibility though...

Temperature is important because it's clearheaded and far-sighted, the sort of analysis I think people respond to.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If we are really threatened most by an inability to police our borders, then 'out' and a requirement that nobody enters this country without a visa is surely the answer. It is logical and I can accept it.

But this means the French, the Americans and allcomers. No exceptions. If this sounds a bit excessive, then what do you want, exactly?

If we arbitrarily stop and search only people who look a bit 'Muslimy' then my Hindu cardiologist mates, back from a fortnight in Ibiza, will be in the firing line. Maybe some folk think that being a bit dark skinned and having a funny name is sufficient justification. Personally I think this smacks of the madness that saw a white female paediatrician having her house firebombed a few years ago, because the vigilantes thought . . . (if I need to explain this one, then I suggest you focus on your milk and rusk).

Surely the UK can police its borders without having to leave the EU? And I'm not particularly bothered whether we stay or leave right now, to be honest. The electorate always gets what it deserves. I'm sure it will, again . . . . very strong 'feelings' on each side of the argument notwithstanding.

In the meantime, with a slight tendency to vote 'stay' based upon 'it seems to have helped keep Europe stable since the war', I am up to being persuaded either way. What have you got to persuade me, O 'committed' folk?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Apologies. I googled it and couldn't find out if they supported UK joining the euro. It doesn't sound out of the realm of possibility though...

Not at all. I had a similar problem so hoped you would provide some incriminating evidence :D

I think your right though, they probably did .. although that doesn't invalidate their Brexit article just suggests their opinions can be catastrophically wrong.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Temperature is important because it's clearheaded and far-sighted, the sort of analysis I think people respond to.

Christ on a bike. So this is the mundane level of triviality that is informing the 'debate'? Bollocks - I will make up my mind on the morning of the vote! FFS!!!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
If we are really threatened most by an inability to police our borders, then 'out' and a requirement that nobody enters this country without a visa is surely the answer. It is logical and I can accept it.

But this means the French, the Americans and allcomers. No exceptions. If this sounds a bit excessive, then what do you want, exactly?

If we arbitrarily stop and search only people who look a bit 'Muslimy' then my Hindu cardiologist mates, back from a fortnight in Ibiza, will be in the firing line. Maybe some folk think that being a bit dark skinned and having a funny name is sufficient justification. Personally I think this smacks of the madness that saw a white female paediatrician having her house firebombed a few years ago, because the vigilantes thought . . . (if I need to explain this one, then I suggest you focus on your milk and rusk).

Surely the UK can police its borders without having to leave the EU? And I'm not particularly bothered whether we stay or leave right now, to be honest. The electorate always gets what it deserves. I'm sure it will, again . . . . very strong 'feelings' on each side of the argument notwithstanding.

In the meantime, with a slight tendency to vote 'stay' based upon 'it seems to have helped keep Europe stable since the war', I am up to being persuaded either way. What have you got to persuade me, O 'committed' folk?

Depends on your tolerance for alcohol ... would five pints make a difference?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Not at all. I had a similar problem so hoped you would provide some incriminating evidence :D

I think your right though, they probably did .. although that doesn't invalidate their Brexit article just suggests their opinions can be catastrophically wrong.

Hang on hang on I said it was possible but I never said it was probable. : )

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Christ on a bike. So this is the mundane level of triviality that is informing the 'debate'? Bollocks - I will make up my mind on the morning of the vote! FFS!!!

Mundane sure, but it's important to be cordial. The article itself isn't mundane or trivial at all, it talks about short-term economic shocks and long-term economic damage, it talks about the West itself being crippled in a fit of short sighted self-harm. These are the big picture issues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here