Votes: 24 25.3%
  • Hate 'em

Votes: 71 74.7%

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What no fence? I need a sit down.
They're no marmite for me, I literally don't care one way or the other.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Couldn't care less about Crawley but I have no reason to hate them.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Don't hate them as such; it's not going to ruin my weekend if they win a game.
But I'll have a giggle when they lose.
Don't particularly like them due to having a tosser for a manager and for effectively being the Notts County of a couple of seasons ago. Nothing to do with proximity to Brighton.
It'll all go tits up soon enough.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Interesting it's a "Marmite" poll yet most people have said "indifferent" :p

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
another thread about Crawley, oh my days, some people really do have a fear over them becoming a threat, I cannot believe that a Wolves forum for example have so many threads about Walsall or Hull and Lincoln. FFS get a life.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
What is to love? serious question?

Horrible f***ing place, with mostly horrible f***ing people, and a horrible little club who think they are the bollox....

you generally post some very reasonable and structured comments, then occassionally you post some utter shite.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I don't mind Crawley. Its good to have two Sussex teams in the league. And as for Marmite, I bloody love it.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
you generally post some very reasonable and structured comments, then occassionally you post some utter shite.

Apologies if u dont agree mate, but having lived around crawley until the age of 25, and having been to a couple of games with my little boy, i feel ive got enough experience to stand by my views :)

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Its a shithole, their team, fans and club ditto. It will be the team of choice for palace scum when their joke club folds.

As a town it has gone from mediocre to the kind of slum characteristics of any place with to many immigrants. Seedy taxi drivers, Western Union exchange points for money laundering, rows of empty shops, people who treat each other with suspision as a matter of course. No decent chippies any more, no decent pubs ever.

A town centre that looks like an East German Stasi training complex. And now a shitty little ground in an area that looks like Milton Keynes on a bad day.

Yea I'm indifferent.

Crawley 'Gull

Oct 3, 2005
Crawley
Have often gone to watch Crawley play since I moved here (about 15 years ago) and I know there are quite a few Brighton fans that will go and watch Crawley as well.

However I understand why people dislike them. Seeing a platform full of Crawley/Palace fans hurl abuse at some Brighton fans at Three Bridges station the other week put a bit of a bad taste in my mouth and can't help thinking my days of watching Crawley may be numbered! (not that I go that much anyway). Even found their 6-0 defeat on saturday midly amusing. And don't get me started on thier "One club in Sussex" chant...

Also, Michele Kuipers seems to be quite unpopular here - was quite suprised as he was such a legend at Brighton!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
And don't get me started on thier "One club in Sussex" chant...

That really takes the piss. They are fast becoming one of my most hated clubs. Can't wait till the bubble bursts to be honest. I'll be sorry for all their decent fans, the ones who have been there throughout, but the dodgy money, Steve Evans and the rest of the bullshit is beginning to grate.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm broadly indifferent with a slight bias against; I always liked the fact that we were Sussex's league team and I don't like having to share that status. I was disappointed when we had to share coverage of our big day (1st FA Cup Fifth Round appearance in 25 years) with them just because they were playing at Old Trafford. I DID laugh when I heard they'd lost 6-0 on Saturday, it put the icing on a good day.

And no, at the end of the day they're not our rivals and perhaps I should be more magnanimous about our little cousins up the A23. But this is football and so therefore I'm allowed to not like them. But all those of you who sneer at the very concept of us having a rivalry with Crawley had better thank your lucky stars that Crawley's rise up the leagues has coincided with ours. Think back a few short years (Adams Mk II for example). If Crawley had been in their current position at that time then talk of a rivalry wouldn't have been so far-fetched. At the very least there would have been threads on here saying "I'm worried that we're losing fans to Crawley and that North Sussex will never be Albion territory again."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here