Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The TURKS are out.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Simster said:
No, it appears you haven't, mate:
I don't object to people stating that the Turks should be punished. I also agree that there are some very unpleasant people in Turkish football who deserve punishing.

I just get annoyed with the mentality on here that seems to be "FIFA/UEFA have one rule for the English, one for everyone else", because it's utter bullshit. You cannot excuse the Turkish behaviour because it has been appalling - but it still isn't a patch on the English track record. Throughout the '80s, wherever English clubs or the national team played, utter carnage followed. Always, and irrespective of the opposition. Luxembourg, Belgium, Switzerland, Spain (fights at the World Cup matches FFS) - all fair game for being senselessly f***ing TRASHED. And I'm not talking about the few plastic chairs being turned over that we've seen in isolated incidents in the past couple of tournaments.

The other issue is that I think banning an international side from international competition is a lot trickier than for club sides. And clearly UEFA thought that too - because the England national team continued throughout the hooligan era.

Fair enough. Thanks for clearing it up.:thumbsup:

Although the turkish players joining in the fighting and putting a swiss in hospital has got to be a cause for concern...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
garry nelsons left foot said:
Fair enough. Thanks for clearing it up.:thumbsup:

Although the turkish players joining in the fighting and putting a swiss in hospital has got to be a cause for concern...
Totally agree with that. Perhaps MrV's idea of banning their support for a year or two at KEY matches might sort out this problem. Something tells me the likes of Alpay wouldn't have the bollocks to be gobbing at players for 90 minutes or fighting in the tunnel if he didn't have 40,000 screaming countrymen throwing missiles and basically crossing the acceptable line of hostility.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here