Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "Turienzo" fee

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Was it a four figure sum in pesos, dollars or £sterling?

trueblue said:
Surely if we did pay a big fee for Turienzo, the fault does not lie entirely with McGhee.

As he said the other day, he can only pinpoint who he wants and make recommendations.

Sure, he may have rated the Fedster rather too highly, but the board will have done the negotiating and taken the final decision won't they?

How do we know if he is shite or not?

Most BHA fans haven't sctually seen him play yet........ and those who have have hardly had a good long look at the player.

All he's done so far is continuallly get caught offside for half an hour at Luton and then hobble of round the pitch with a "strain"

Deffo worth splashing out £150k for that sort of quality IMHO :drink:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
JULY 27th 2005

Albion seal deal for striker Turienzo

Argentinian striker Federico Turienzo has agreed personal terms on a proposed move to Brighton.

The 22-year-old, who impressed on trial in a pre-season friendly at Lewes, has also passed a medical and is now awaiting clearance before completing his switch to Withdean.

'The deal perhaps won't happen during the next few days because international clearance and work permits take a bit of time,' said manager Mark McGhee.

'But we're determined to sign him. We've seen him play once, we've seen him in training and we're impressed.'

Turienzo has played for Gimnasia La Plata in his homeland.

Meanwhile, former Charlton defender Mark Fish is likely to play for Albion against Oxford in a pre-season friendly tonight.

In McGhee's own words he liked what he had seen of Turienzo.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Seagull73 said:
Jesus Christ, how many times are we going to go over this??

The club are more than aware they have screwed up on this one. They accept it, the fact he is not playing means that they accept it, and everybody from the Chairman downwards accepts responsibility because they form part of the collective.

Now please, let it go, cos it really is getting very very dulll...

So the next time the potless pillock comes round with begging bowl I hope he will mention how he pissed 150k away :angry: :angry: :angry:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
bhafc99 said:
Turienzo has been worth every penny, ten times over. He is, quite simply, a goal machine. The only worry is how long we can hold onto him, with several top Premiership clubs rumoured to be sniffing around.

At last, someone talks sense.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Ernest said:
So the next time the potless pillock comes round with begging bowl I hope he will mention how he pissed 150k away :angry: :angry: :angry:

And you've never f**ked up before???

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ernest said:

When in the close season that money could have been spent on a TRIED and TESTED goal scorer. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Deportivo Seagull said:
And you've never f**ked up before???

Not to the tune of £150k when money is in such short supply :angry: :angry: :angry:

I reckon that El Turis agent might be mentioned in Newells "conversation" with the FA

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Albion Dan said:
I reckon someone somewhere has taken a bung on Turi and I dont htink it was Mcghee.

I said that a while back, much how i dislike his running of the side mcghee is honest.
Brady is still at arsenal isnt he, no history of that sort of thing at that club is there?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
When in the close season that money could have been spent on a TRIED and TESTED goal scorer. :angry: :angry: :angry:

You'd be very lucky to get that for 150k.

That's pretty much what Leon cost Swansea, and look at his goals record at this level.

If you're talking proven, then even if we could afford the fee, the wages would be way out of our league.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Ernest said:

Oh my God - I have just found myself tending to agree with one of Ernest's opinions :eek:

It does make the effort that the likes of the Forty Note Fund took to raise a few thousand look futile when the club can effectively wash large sums of money like this down the toilet

I remember back in the summer after the friendly against Lewes when El Turi trialled that the Albion fans after the game thought there was no way the club would sign him after what they witnessed.

Then suddenly the following week he's offered a deal - I was very surprised at the time but thought the club must have been 100% sure about what they were doing after the luke-warm reaction to him on here - now I'm just bloody angry!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
227 BHA said:
Oh my God - I have just found myself tending to agree with one of Ernest's opinions :eek:

It does make the effort that the likes of the Forty Note Fund took to raise a few thousand look futile when the club can effectively wash large sums of money like this down the toilet

I remember back in the summer after the friendly against Lewes when El Turi trialled that the Albion fans after the game thought there was no way the club would sign him after what they witnessed.

Then suddenly the following week he's offered a deal - I was very surprised at the time but thought the club must have been 100% sure about what they were doing after the luke-warm reaction to him on here - now I'm just bloody angry!

We all know money is in short supply and when this is the case any money spent must be spent wisely i.e. buying TRIED and TESTED players you know who can do a job, it's not like this hasn't happened before as we wasted cash in the same way on Molongo :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ernest said:
We all know money is in short supply and when this is the case any money spent must be spent wisely i.e. buying TRIED and TESTED players you know who can do a job, it's not like this hasn't happened before as we wasted cash in the same way on Molongo :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

If Magoo had actually learnt his lesson with Molango we would have had a TRIED and TESTED player instead of another carlos kickaball.

Panic buy springs to mind. And yes I remember my mate saying there is no way we are gonna sign him after the Lewes performance.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Ernest said:

Yeah go on then. I'm sure you'll find the debate very interesting, it will probably on last about 5 seconds, but given your attention span and intelligence that should equate to a debate for you.

As for the club not admitting it, well they aren't going to admit in public they have made a mistake while he is still our player are they?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here