Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Trick or Treat Thread...............

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
No. It's imported American rubbish.

I tend to agree but maybe I'm just a curmudgeonly old sod (waits for cries of "Yes you are" to subside).
There was never a great thing made of Halloween when I was younger - in fact thinking about it there was never anything at all made of Halloween till a few years ago (well not to my recollection). Just another excuse for Clintons to sell loads of tat and for kids to go round begging IMO.
Perhaps though it has supplanted the customary cries of "Penny for the guy" because I haven't heard that for a while.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Nice & quiet out here on Shoreham Beach. Mind you, last year in BN1 the little gits couldn't get through the litter down Hamilton Road. God I miss those days.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Same old miserablists on here again this year I see.

Has it not occurred to you that many things that you now take for granted have been 'imported' some time in the past? I assume that all those who object to ideas being imported won't be putting a Christmas tree up this year then? Imported German nonsense. . .

And chocolate Easter eggs - a newfangled invention that one, comparatively.

Trick or treating is great for the kids. And as I've said before, it is also great for the old dears who cannot get out. One of the few times they get to interact with kids (except when they get mugged on their rare excursions to the shops).

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I had some 13 year old girl dressed like a sexy schoolgirl trick or treating here in BN2 3** by herself.

I asked her if she wasn't a little bit old (she looked about 16). She just looked at me and said "nah".

Dunno what to make of that

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
I had some 13 year old girl dressed like a sexy schoolgirl trick or treating here in BN2 3** by herself.

I asked her if she wasn't a little bit old (she looked about 16). She just looked at me and said "nah".

Dunno what to make of that

Didn't you ask her to come in for her 'treat'? then Or did you think she was turning a 'trick'? :lol:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
We had quite few trick or treaters last year so I bought a few bags of sweets on the way home and this year we had absolutely none. Gonna have to eat the sweets myself now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here