Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The timing of the pre-match GOSBTS

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It all smacks of someone new being in charge and trying to make their mark. Stop it, now. First they move it, then they bin it...

Has there been a change in whoever runs such things?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Tell your friend it's because I can't remember them. Is that an issue that you need to be involved in?
I think it’s just that they are rather simple to remember and I know you’ve been coming for quite a few years.

Altogether now…

Now is the time for marching…

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I think it’s just that they are rather simple to remember and I know you’ve been coming for quite a few years.

Altogether now…

Now is the time for marching…
Like many, if I would if I could. I actually started the wrong line on Saturday as it was a moment late on screen. My brain just isn't wired that way. It recognises and homes in on the music (as opposed to words) to the point that I can't have it on if I need to concentrate, because the part of the brain I need buggers off to the music instead. When I used to sing in a church choir 60 years ago, I was the only one who had to have the hymn book for the words. Honestly, you have typed ' Now is the time for marching' and truthfully I have no idea what comes next despite singing it loudly at every home match since the words were on screen. I just don't see why if it helps just a handful of fans to sing along, it should be taken away from the match experience because another handful of fans who it doesn't affect, have chosen to take against it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Can you remember the words to You’ll Never Walk Alone or the national anthem?
So you're now suggesting everyone does a memory test before entering or is it that it helps identifying 'proper' fans by checking whether they are reading off the screen to sing GOSBTS!!

As for your question, yes, I know the words to the first verse of the national anthem and as for YNWA, I don't sing other clubs songs.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Do you think there was a meeting with PBOBE and various club staff like that classic scene from Sunderland til I die

1726500736305.png

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So you're now suggesting everyone does a memory test before entering or is it that it helps identifying 'proper' fans by checking whether they are reading off the screen to sing GOSBTS!!

As for your question, yes, I know the words to the first verse of the national anthem and as for YNWA, I don't sing other clubs songs.
Tetchy.

I'm merely asking whether you can remember words to songs.

PS YNWA is from Carousel, just as Hey Jude is by The Beatles.

I buy the argument that it's more accessible which is why we do it and therefore creates a more inclusive feel at the club. Those words may be a little woke for you.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Personal view

No issue with the RR show way before as something needs to be done but please cut it off 10 mins before KO

if I am being ultra critical can he stop calling Dunk, “Dunky” I die a little inside each time I hear it

Please get rid of hey Jude, I couldn’t give a f*** if the away fans know it and are encouraged to join in with it, home advantage is meant to be hostile that’s the point

RHRN after the Albion history montage is perfect, it’s still got a local connection and it’s an uplifting track to gee us up

No issue with GOSBTS played just before KO as lands that last local inspired punch to the atmosphere before KO and served no inspiration to the away team in any way.

Please get rid of the words on screen, there’s an element who consider it tinpot and I’m one to agree. They shouldn’t be needed and if they are learn them like you’d learn anything else that’s needed to be committed to memory.

“Dunky” f***ing hell

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Tetchy.

I'm merely asking whether you can remember words to songs.

PS YNWA is from Carousel, just as Hey Jude is by The Beatles.

I buy the argument that it's more accessible which is why we do it and therefore creates a more inclusive feel at the club. Those words may be a little woke for you.
I know where they are from but the football world associates YNWA with Liverpool. Unlike some, when at Anfield I don't join in with the singing of it.

Not sure why you're now going down the woke route or what point you're trying to make!!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I know where they are from but the football world associates YNWA with Liverpool. Unlike some, when at Anfield I don't join in with the singing of it.

Not sure why you're now going down the woke route or what point you're trying to make!!
By “some”, I assume you mean Liverpool fans . After all, who else would be singing it?

As for YNWA, I imagine that many people who listen to Elaine Paige might associate it with the West End.

Delighted to hear that you’re into being ‘woke’ too.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The game-changer for SBTS would be if everyone just sang loudly and there was no demented seal clapping. Then it would be magnificent.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I thought it was a mistake today.

I think that as well as the fans wanting to sing it as the teams come out, it must give our players a BIG lift to hear that being sung by all the home fans as they come on to the pitch. Also, intimidating for the away players to hear all our fans in unison.

Go back to singing it as the players come out.
One thing the Amex isn’t and never will be is “intimidating”.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton

Why not implant chips in our brains with the lyrics on them? Would do away with tickets on our phones too. Pay for your pie with mere thought alone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here