Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The teachings and wisdom of The Complete Badger

Status
Not open for further replies.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Why was I unbanned anyway? I've no problem with a good banning, but the hypocrite who started this thread should also be and so should the illiterate layabout who started one about me further down the board.

Because I am a very compassionate, bordering on saintly man.

Also a few people picked up on your thread about Ashley Barnes and were anxious to hear your views after his goal last night.

As with everyone else on here, press the report button.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
However, the one objection I have is to El Presidente. Please show us the proof of me wishing cancer on someone or shut up about it. I have no idea what you're referring to and as far as I'm concerned I've never even mentioned the subject.

Apologies, your comment was of course

f*** Off and die..............slowly

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Seriously though, I criticised him on SATURDAY. He scored on TUESDAY. What have they got to do with each other?

To quote you:

Had a total holocaust out there today. Get rid!

That goes beyond merely criticising a player for a one off performance. That's stating that he's not good enough, needs to be shipped out.

So him scoring on Tuesday and playing well has EVERYTHING to do with your comments on Saturday..

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
A quick search of the mod section shows Redfox was banned for more extreme cancer wishes, and hampshire seagull was banned for wishing cancer on a fellow nsc member.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
This season he's scored 2 goals in 8 appearances. Ok, you can argue I'm wrong to write off the bloke based on that, but at the same time it's hardly overwhelming evidence in your favour either, especially when in my opinion he's not bringing much more to the table in terms of general play.

I'm not arguing that. I'm picking up on the point in which you said your comments were unrelated to Tuesdays game. They weren't.

Your comments were about Barnes performances and then stated get rid. Therefore insinuating that he wasn't good enough.

As it happens, Barnes puts in a good performance Tuesday and scores, therefore it is certainly related to your previous comment.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
My favourite TCB wisdom is that one ought to wish career ending injuries upon players if the person on the recieving end is one who, despite always giving 100% for the club you support, you don't rate particularly highly. Fraser apparently deserved this treatment (although we'll conveniantly ignore the end of the Adams/Slade season where he was one of several players who came into the side and basicaly kept us up).

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I think that may have been me.
"I wish you would hurry up and die grandad" was the comment directed at someone whom he knew was a cancer patient.

I remember very well, TCB making that post.

His reply to your post is fairly typical of his insensitivity to people. I don't actually know who you are, but as a reader ( and poster) of NSC , a person would have to be fairly dim, not to remember very salient points about some posters...(i.e. you, and your continuing battle with cancer).

Some readers of NSC, I am sure, will regard TCB as nothing more than a (fairly rotund, apparently) young man, who enjoys baiting other posters. I do not agree with them. He is what he is..............a thoughtless, uncaring, waste of space.

Personally, I have no idea of his use on NSC.............or indeed, his use to society in general.

I wish you luck and success, in your battle against cancer.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I remember very well, TCB making that post.

His reply to your post is fairly typical of his insensitivity to people. I don't actually know who you are, but as a reader ( and poster) of NSC , a person would have to be fairly dim, not to remember very salient points about some posters...(i.e. you, and your continuing battle with cancer).

Some readers of NSC, I am sure, will regard TCB as nothing more than a (fairly rotund, apparently) young man, who enjoys baiting other posters. I do not agree with them. He is what he is..............a thoughtless, uncaring, waste of space.

Personally, I have no idea of his use on NSC.............or indeed, his use to society in general.

I wish you luck and success, in your battle against cancer.

I have to say that I am a regular user of NSC and was not aware of ADs battle with cancer (wishing you success in your struggle sir)

I think the thin that brings TCB down is his blinkered support of MK. That showed he was unableto be objective.... so any attempt by him to argue his objectivity falls on deaf ears here.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
The definition of 'Holocaust' is 'Destruction or slaughter on a mass scale - especially caused by fire or nuclear war'. In what possible way could that word be used to describe a player's performance?

The only reason for using it was for the impact it would have on the reader (given the day it was used on). I believe TCB had already composed his sentence and was just waiting for someone to use it on. It could have been almost any of his previous targets but, by keeping a clean sheet, Casper, El Abd and Elphick were ruled-out. This left Barnes and, luckily for him, he did miss a header in the last minute. That was enough, and the sentence was completed and posted. Every word was thought out and the aim was to have maximum impact across as large an audience as possible.

I'm not sure if he is anti-semitic, but he will be highly thought of by the BNP for getting away with that.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
To be honest life is too short to argue about how someone conducts themselves on the internet.

I agree with this. I didn't start this thread to question your character though, if thats what you believe. I'm unsure what makes me a hypocrite, although I can understand why you may want to "lash out" at me, given that I started a thread taking the piss out of you.

The simple fact is this; although I agree with some of your beliefs on football, (that "committed" but essentially technically mediocre footballers are constantly over-praised in this country. The jury is out on Barnes for me, and I was never a huge fan of Crofts either) I think that you talk a COLOSSAL amount of shit about it. But I have close mates who I would say that about. It doesn't mean I think you are a dick. I have briefly spoken to you once or twice (a few years ago) and you seemed alright. Likewise, I have disagreed a lot on here with Withdean Wanderer but in person he is pretty sound and I have generally got along with him.

Too many people think that saying a poster on here is a knob means you are saying that person is a knob. I think you play up to a certain "character" on here, but I personally think it is a character that is just getting a bit tedious and boring...

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I think you play up to a certain "character" on here, but I personally think it is a character that is just getting a bit tedious and boring...

Yes, but the police won't arrest the character for posting hate material, nor will the character get punched on the nose. If you think you can become someone else on a message board, and the real person can't be touched, you're wrong.

I suspect (although not having the pleasure of knowing personally anyone on NSC, I couldn't be sure) that TCB is a bit like crodonilson; a 'persona' put on by the poster to be entertaining. The difference is, while crodo is genuinely entertaining, TCB just riles people. I'm sure both are perfectly upstanding (well, okay, normal) people in real life.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Is better to be talked about than not.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The definition of 'Holocaust' is 'Destruction or slaughter on a mass scale - especially caused by fire or nuclear war'. In what possible way could that word be used to describe a player's performance?

The only reason for using it was for the impact it would have on the reader (given the day it was used on). I believe TCB had already composed his sentence and was just waiting for someone to use it on. It could have been almost any of his previous targets but, by keeping a clean sheet, Casper, El Abd and Elphick were ruled-out. This left Barnes and, luckily for him, he did miss a header in the last minute. That was enough, and the sentence was completed and posted. Every word was thought out and the aim was to have maximum impact across as large an audience as possible.

I'm not sure if he is anti-semitic, but he will be highly thought of by the BNP for getting away with that.

He has acknowledged it wasn't the best use of language, which is more important that me banning him for a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here