Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The teachings and wisdom of The Complete Badger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
To be fair to him, at the time he rights stuff, he is normally kind of right, its just he goes spectacularly ott in his opinions.

If someone had a bad game, some people aren't afraid to criticise, its just if some calls them rubbish, he calls them a big fat spaktard. It's only his language that makes him stand out. Many people have the same sort of views as him, but just use more conservative terms which go largely unnoticed.

Everyone can be made to look stupid with something they said weeks, months ago.

I think its that he tends to make entire judgements on a player's career on watching them for 2 minutes, or the fact that he thinks EVERY player is either awful or brilliant.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think its that he tends to make entire judgements on a player's career on watching them for 2 minutes, or the fact that he thinks EVERY player is either awful or brilliant.

You're spot on Sam - Brett, dunno how u can stick up for his player opinions. He judges after 5 mins...!

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
To be fair, until the last few weeks the first two were fairly accurate (a little OTT on El-Abd, but I wouldn't have really lost any sleep if we'd got rid of both of them in the summer to be honest).

you are joking yer? tommy did have a poor start to the season last year but is a class defender. hes been our best defender on so many games, and if we did let him go in the summer i for one would be gutted,very gutted. People like you dont really know a good players when you see one. form is somthing that changes, class is always there.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
i am not sticking up for some of the things he says, as some of the stuff he does says is pretty idiotic. I normally agree with him on which players are playing well or badly, its just he likes to cause a stir more than me.

So therefore you agree with the following....?

Poyet is an absolute joke as far as I'm concerned... in terms of players signed he's been a calamity... those we have signed are either shite or mediocre. The man's a f***ing idiot... and my prediction for us to go down is looking better than ever.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
So therefore you agree with the following....?

at the time he wrote it, the transfer window wasnt great, I agree with that. I could have questioned how inspiring Poyet was at the time, but a f***ing idiot, was not what I was thinking. I never thought we would go down, but I didnt have any confidence in a top 6 finish. But now, with a few more signings and a good run behind us, I think we have a more positive outlook on the season.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I kind of agree with Brett. To be fair to TCB I think (hyperbole aside) he's a great reader of a game. An excellent one, in fact. Completely disagree with his bipolar view of the Albion but if you cut away the extremities I've always rated his match summaries.

And this is from someone who once threatened him and WW after they posted loads of pro-Man U shite when they beat Chelski in the European Cup.

Just my two-pennyworth.

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
TCB is, at least, a character. Its always enjoyable to read his ramblings. This place would be dull without people like him.

However. He's still a Tw@t

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
at the time he wrote it, the transfer window wasnt great, I agree with that. I could have questioned how inspiring Poyet was at the time, but a f***ing idiot, was not what I was thinking. I never thought we would go down, but I didnt have any confidence in a top 6 finish. But now, with a few more signings and a good run behind us, I think we have a more positive outlook on the season.

But surely it's a bit like saying 'The End of the World is Nigh' every day, and when it eventually happens you can feel smug.

As for great reading of the game, generally when we win, we're quite good, and when we lose, we're not. Surely MOST people say similar things, but try to give it some sense of proportionality and balance.

There is a huge difference, IMO, from having a good moan and rant at the end of a match and wishing someone cancer/death, or am I being too sensitive in my old age?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
But surely it's a bit like saying 'The End of the World is Nigh' every day, and when it eventually happens you can feel smug.

As for great reading of the game, generally when we win, we're quite good, and when we lose, we're not. Surely MOST people say similar things, but try to give it some sense of proportionality and balance.

There is a huge difference, IMO, from having a good moan and rant at the end of a match and wishing someone cancer/death, or am I being too sensitive in my old age?

This.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
i am not sticking up for some of the things he says, as some of the stuff he does says is pretty idiotic. I normally agree with him on which players are playing well or badly, its just he likes to cause a stir more than me.

I honestly can't believe that - you agree with opinions on whether Barnes plays well or badly, or his opinions on Crofts last year? I generally accept people's views but the way he criticises players is simply ridiculous. Also, for the most part, most people would agree on who is playing well or badly.

What makes him sound even worse is that he judges players on their first 45 minutes for the club (ie. Crofts) and even when he is proved COMPLETELY wrong he refuses to change his stance.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Indeed. I had a chat with 4 Saints fans on Sunday. Whilst they were split on Hammond who I always liked, they ALL rated Harding, who I've never seen win a tackle.

My mate is an Ipswich fan and he really rates Harding aswell. Bizarre as I thought he was woeful for us and cost a lot of goals. Couldn't believe he was an England u21 at the time. From what I've seen of him for Southampton he doesn't seem to have improved to me either. I liked Hammond aswell yet the saints fans I know can't stand him. Football is all about opinions and all that I suppose.

As for the Badger, I find him quite entertaining even if he does go to far at times. He certainly comes across passionate about the Albion to say the least!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I'd say it's more like when we wake up to a little drizzle and most people think "I'll wait to see if it stops before deciding whether or not to put the washing out", TCB thinks "the rain is never going to stop, the waters are going to rise and Brighton will be under water by lunchtime!" :tantrum::tantrum:

It seems to be more about extreme pessimism than about wanting to be right about bad things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here