Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Swan...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I dont know if it has been put on the board already, but the owner of the swan pub died last friday morning.

reckon the new owners will allow albion fans in on matchdays now?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Has been on here, Apparantly being taken over by his son

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
His other son then.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Totally disagreed with his stance on Falmer but we should show some respect for his family who have lost a loved one.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I dont know if it has been put on the board already, but the owner of the swan pub died last friday morning.

Yeah, I started a thread about it, but already it appears to have dropped into the bowels of NSC so no harm in starting another.

I didn't realise his son was taking over, hopefully he'll keep the place exactly the same. The sign on the door announcing John's death said that it was his wish that the pub stayed open; at the time I just assumed it meant for that evening (no closing the pub as a 'mark of respect' as so many sadly did for the funeral of Diana), but maybe it meant permanently.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yeah, I started a thread about it, but already it appears to have dropped into the bowels of NSC ...

Does that mean it will appear a bit later but with a bit more shit?

I was so fond of The Swan, I think it's worthy of another thread. He was great landlord of a great pub and a decent human being. Whatever his stand on Falmer, we should respect that.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think he knows that football fans will do a lot more for his profits than students.

John Woodruff was never motivated by profits. He wanted to run a village pub. He owned the place and it was paid for, so he had no need to maximise income to pay a mortgage or tenancy fees to a brewery or pub chain. He led a comfortable and fulfilled life.

If the pub stays with the family, this can no doubt continue.

Ringmer bha

Dec 3, 2009

The death of another human being who would be sorely missed by his family and friends should not be subject to any debate other than to offer your condolences.

There are people connected to this man whose lives have been devastated.

RIP

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
not before the game there won't be

after the game, hang about in the supporters bar, easy
Yup, 'cos the supporters' bar will easily handle all the people who'll want to stay behind afterwards. We'll all simply stroll in there after the final whistle ...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Yup, 'cos the supporters' bar will easily handle all the people who'll want to stay behind afterwards. We'll all simply stroll in there after the final whistle ...

All bars get opened up and you can just walk through I think ?

Should be ok

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here