Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Swan...

Oct 25, 2003
Yup, 'cos the supporters' bar will easily handle all the people who'll want to stay behind afterwards. We'll all simply stroll in there after the final whistle ...

1) how do you know how many people want to stay behind?

2) how do you know how big the bar is going to be?

genuine questions

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
1) how do you know how many people want to stay behind?

2) how do you know how big the bar is going to be?

genuine questions
Don't know to both. But there's, what, 300 or so regular and part-time posters on this forum and from reading other posts a large percentage (and no, I don't know that either) have said they intend to stay behind and have a drink after the game and let the crowds go down. For the sake of argument let's say it's 25%. If 25% of the whole crowd want to stay behind that means you'll be getting about 2500 people all wanting a drink ..... at the same time.

Rough figures obviously. Our crowds may be more than 10,000 and the percentage wanting to stay may be less than 25%, but I don't think it's going to be the pleasant, relaxing option that some people think. And to bring this back on track a bit , because the new ground is on the edge of town there aren't any pubs (except the Swan and the Hikers) that can be used as alternatives.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And to bring this back on track a bit , because the new ground is on the edge of town there aren't any pubs (except the Swan and the Hikers) that can be used as alternatives.

The Hikers is large though - that will hold plenty. And a proper Albion pub to boot.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
RIP fella.

Just because we may not have agreed about the stadium, that's irrelevant compared to losing your life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here