Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sunday Newspapers

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The other thread has got me thinking, could papers get in trouble if in all their football reports they put '[censored]' instead of the player's name?

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Looks like Gyan Riggs (not that I give a sthi) but I still can't get my head around the fact his father is black, which i only found out recently. My kids are ''haafu'' (half) as they say here in Japan. My eldest daughter looks Japanese and my youngest more Causacian but Siggyg doesn't appear to have any black genes. Am I the only one that finds this odd?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The other thread has got me thinking, could papers get in trouble if in all their football reports they put '[censored]' instead of the player's name?

Yes they could get in trouble, unless they censored every name - which could actually make a very good protest point if the Sun censored every name and photo throughout an entire issue, just for one day.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I thought this was a trusty NSC wind up, I was wrong

I had to look it up as well.

article-1041816-01A164F80000044D-609_468x476.jpg

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
I knew one day NSC would teach me something, today is that day.

Ryan Giggs' father is Daley Thompson.

LOL. I am quite surprised at the reaction to my post. Not being a follower of Premier League news, I assumed that most people that devour football news would know this. Still find it hard to believe. I thought the black gene was always the more dominant...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's open season on him now, to be honest. Most webwise people have known since it was first leaked on May 8th, now even people with their heads in the sand know. Him sueing Twitter was the final straw and it's a bit of a "come and have a go" thing now, daring him to sue the entire internet. When Daily Mash, the most widely read UK spoof site, can publish the attached, I think football message boards can probably treat the superinjunction with the contempt it deserves. In my opinion.

The Daily Mash - Lawyers to offer cut price super-injunctions

I think you're right.

If he'd just ignored the original story, nobody would really have cared, certainly not for more than a day or two, until the next "footballer pokes slapper" story emerged. But because the idiot thinks he has the right to control what everyone else on the planet is entitled to know, he's turned it into a huge story, and not only that, but he's made himself look a total arsehole in the process. No doubt Mrs Giggs is chuffed to bloody bits to find her husband has spent at least fifty grand trying to make sure she doesn't find out he's gone over the side with some two-bit footballer-fairground-ride. And that a hundred or so million people knew before she did. Giggs always had a fairly decent reputation out of all the United players: Rooney's penchant for ladies of the night is well documented, Ferdinand has had his moments of being a twunt, I'm pretty sure the likes of Anderson and Nani have had their share of the limelight in the kiss and tell arena, but Giggs always seemed to be the least offensive of the bunch. He's just failed that test pretty miserably, hasn't he?

Interestingly, there is another superinjunction doing the rounds involving a current England player: bet he's rather nervously awaiting the judgement on the Giggs case. Or just praying it doesn't make it on to the internet....which it inevitably will :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here