Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sun smuggles a fake bomb into a sport's venue

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Thank you The Sun for highlighting security failings. A friend of mine said it was ultimately a stunt to appeal to peoples fears and paranoia and sell more papers. And if they really cared for peoples safety they would have told the appropriate services without raising anxiety in the mass population by creating a news story out of it.
Yeah whatever.

Fury over | The Sun |News

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Not like the Sun to try and make the country look shite

Also ur mates right if the Sun really gave a toss they would have informed the police not printed it in the shite rag trying to shame and scare.

Same old shit different day with that paper

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's only a story if the bomb looks like this:-

The+Bucketheads+-+The+Bomb+2012+%2528Dj+Cool+Bootleg%2529.jpg

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I guess it depends what the "home made device" really was. If it just looked sus but had other uses then it wouldn't be.

So basically you could take an old cap in and claim you were carrying a bomb just to sell papers. f***ing halfwitted rag.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It's hardly suprising, anyone could take a bomb in to many places where there are lots of people. But I have no desire to do so

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
More importantly what do you get from a £1,300 a night prostitute?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
The fact they sneaked it into the Olympic Park, what does that say? Isn't that the area around it?
Surely they'd have to pass further security checks to get within the stadium?

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
These stunts wind me right up.

Any 'bomb' involves explosives, and I rather suspect there are people employed by the government whose job it is to notice people who go around trying to acquire that sort of stuff. Apparently you can make one from bleach and fertiliser or somesuch, but I reckon the amounts needed would make you rather suspicious, pitching up at the Olympic Stadium security with a huge rucksack reeking of Jeyes and horseshit.

As someone has already pointed out, The Sun has shown that carrying something around with you with the word 'bomb' sellotaped to it, only shows that you can carry something around with you with the word 'bomb' sellotaped to it.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
This only proves despite how much we spend on security its more than possible that there will be an incident involving loss of life, so for those who were unsuccessful in obtaining a ticket for a decent event, its not all bad

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This only proves despite how much we spend on security its more than possible that there will be an incident involving loss of life, so for those who were unsuccessful in obtaining a ticket for a decent event, its not all bad

But the same could happen to you next time you get on the Tube, or walk down Oxford Street, or go to Wembley.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But the same could happen to you next time you get on the Tube, or walk down Oxford Street, or go to Wembley.
Or get bundled into a secure room, with the Vice-President of the United States.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
I went into Fratton Park this season with a bomb, 6 grenades and a surface to air missile, with the full intent to make some improvements, and the security missed the lot. He did take the lid off my water though....plan foiled, darn!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here