Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sun. I didn't realise it was THAT bad.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I had the unfortunate experience of having to read (sorry, that should be "look at") the Sun this morning. It was the only English language newspaper available at breakfast at the hotel.

First time I've seen it for many a moon. Obviously designed for people with the attention span of gnats and the intelligence of house flies. And it's so badly designed that it gives you a headache trying to locate anything vaguely worth reading.

It does not say much for the average IQ of the great British public that people actually spend their hard earned cash to BUY this rubbish on a daily basis.

I'll have to send one of my people out to find a copy of the Times.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
somebody bviously didnt read dear diedre then - it justifys 25p in itself

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Dont try the News Of the World then, thats even worse and doesnt even have a decent sports pages.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
It was the only English language newspaper available in most of Switzerland when I was there a few years back, when I eventually found a day-old Irish Times and a Daily Mail in Berne Central Station I was delighted. It takes a new depth of shit to make the Daily Mail better than it!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I had the unfortunate experience of having to read (sorry, that should be "look at") the Sun this morning.

it's so badly designed that it gives you a headache trying to locate anything vaguely worth reading.

I think if you turn to page three there is usually something worth looking at, and to top it all, the young ladies featured there share their opinion on one of the weighty issues of the day. Take for example todays Sun:

Becky, 24, from London:
News in Briefs:
Becky was amazed to hear the tale of survival by three British divers in the Indian Ocean. She said "It sounds like something out of a film, but this is a real story of courage and survival against the odds"

Why she has to be starkers to give her opinion is another matter, however I for one support her.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was reading the Mail yesterday (round my parents I hasten to add), and that was carrying an article about a Polish tabloid thats caused a bit of a stink in the build-up to the Germany v Poland game. The tabloid had a picture on the back page of the Polish coach holding up the severed heads of Michael Ballack and the German manager, under the headline "BRING US THEIR HEADS".

So its not just our tabs that cater for the numbskulls.

I was reading the Mail yesterday (round my parents I hasten to add), and that was carrying an article about a Polish tabloid thats caused a bit of a stink in the build-up to the Germany v Poland game. The tabloid had a picture on the back page of the Polish coach holding up the severed heads of Michael Ballack and the German manager, under the headline "BRING US THEIR HEADS".

So its not just our tabs that cater for the numbskulls.

obvioulsy made a big impact in their 2-0 defeat

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I was reading the Mail yesterday (round my parents I hasten to add),

You see easy, thats where it starts, "I can handle it, its only once a week round my mums" you think...before long you will be noticing the ethnics taking your jobs and jamming up the hospital and thinking that poor people should be forced to clear minefields in Afghanistan by hand...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You see easy, thats where it starts, "I can handle it, its only once a week round my mums" you think...before long you will be noticing the ethnics taking your jobs and jamming up the hospital and thinking that poor people should be forced to clear minefields in Afghanistan by hand...

I can see how it can turn into something of a slippery slope.
The sport coverage is pretty good though. I try not to venture any further back than that.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
At least the Mail is written for a reading age of slightly higher than 8. Although you do suddenly get very racist, nationalistic, homophobic and violent tendencies after reading it. Reading the UK edition of it suddenly made myself feel I needed to kill myself :lolol::lolol:

Reminds me of watching an episode of 'Mock The Week' once, where they were doing their "If this is the answer, what is the question" round. The 'answer' was:

Crazy, Loopy and Un-British

To which one of the suggested questions was 'If you read the Daily Mail, what is everything'.

:lolol:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
n505432991_621749_7011.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here