Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sun. I didn't realise it was THAT bad.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Saturday's edition of The Sun featured an editorial spluttering about how horrific it was that '66 World Cup Hero(c) Geoff Hurst was backing- OH MY GOD!- the GERMANS to win Euro 2008.

Cue dated and tiresome "jokes" about invading countries being their national sport and towels on sunbeds.

FFS, can somebody please remind The Sun that the war ended in 1945?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I think they like the free CD's

Ah, forgot them.

The Mail on Sunday used to be called "Ireland on Sunday" here and was nicknamed Golden Discs (or "Little England on Sunday", or "Oireland on Sunday" considering they barely bothered changing the paper...) due to that.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
n505432991_621749_7011.jpg

That has to be a joke!! :lol:

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I don't think it's necessarily gone downhill - I think it was always shit. There was a joke in 'Porridge' once, back in the Seventies, in which Ronnie Barker sent the young'un out to scrounge a copy of The Sun, 'oh and something to read as well'.

Of course, he may just have been talking about looking at the tits.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Saturday's edition of The Sun featured an editorial spluttering about how horrific it was that '66 World Cup Hero(c) Geoff Hurst was backing- OH MY GOD!- the GERMANS to win Euro 2008.

Cue dated and tiresome "jokes" about invading countries being their national sport and towels on sunbeds.

FFS, can somebody please remind The Sun that the war ended in 1945?

I saw that as well. Was that REALLY the biggest new story that day??

What surprised me was that Hurst was persuaded to don German clothing and virtually become their ambassador. Sure Geoff, they've got a comfortable draw and should make the semis at a canter, but don't sell your soul to the devil, you can tell the Sun photographer to f*** off with his cheeky requests.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Dear Derdrie, the last bastion of common sense agony aunts...!!!!!

There are about 6 commonly recycled stories dusted off or glittzed up and repeated ad infinitum.
1, I think I'm gay
2, I have a small penis
3, I met a man/woman who is not my partner and shagged them( The upgrade version usually involves a pregnancy)
4, my wife/husband works so hard and they are too tired for sex
5,I'm fat ( Upgrade includes 4, as above)
6,I have fallen in love with my Brother-in Law/Sister-in-Law/Mother-in -Law/Father -in-Law etc etc
7 I had a threesome/want a threesome/argument with my boyfriend because he wants a threesome

usually sex rears its ugly head and as a by line the qoute included is " and the sex was fantastic"

And no, I don't buy it but someone at my shop does and the rag is always left open at Derdrie.....:dunce:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dear Derdrie, the last bastion of common sense agony aunts...!!!!!

There are about 6 commonly recycled stories dusted off or glittzed up and repeated ad infinitum.
1, I think I'm gay
2, I have a small penis
3, I met a man/woman who is not my partner and shagged them( The upgrade version usually involves a pregnancy)
4, my wife/husband works so hard and they are too tired for sex
5,I'm fat ( Upgrade includes 4, as above)
6,I have fallen in love with my Brother-in Law/Sister-in-Law/Mother-in -Law/Father -in-Law etc etc
7 I had a threesome/want a threesome/argument with my boyfriend because he wants a threesome

usually sex rears its ugly head and as a by line the qoute included is " and the sex was fantastic"

And no, I don't buy it but someone at my shop does and the rag is always left open at Derdrie.....:dunce:

I also like the way every person who "writes in" always states their age within the 1st or 2nd paragraph. Most thoughtful.

Dierdrie's Photo Casebook is always worth a sniff as well. Do you women ALWAYS answer the phone just in your undies ?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I also like the way every person who "writes in" always states their age within the 1st or 2nd paragraph. Most thoughtful.

Dierdrie's Photo Casebook is always worth a sniff as well. Do you women ALWAYS answer the phone just in your undies ?

true fact and they are always really nice matching ones as well

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
true fact and they are always really nice matching ones as well

Its awfully upsetting to me that slim, attractive people who inhabit a strange world where skimpy clothing is the norm have such miserable traumatic lives.

As a divorced 47 year old, with an allotment I sometimes feel extremely smug :clap2:

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Some interesting evidence here of how easy it is to spell the name wrongly. Trouble is, that the great agony lady herself doesn't seem to know how to spell it either!

It's bleedin' DEIRDRE, FFS!!! Quoting Wikipedia, " Deirdre or Derdriu is the foremost tragic heroine in Irish mythology. Her story is part of the Ulster Cycle."

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The sport and Mirror are worse. At least the sun has tits, the gaurdian has the tits write the articles in it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here