Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sun front page today...

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Offensive or not ? People on Twitter have said its "offensive" and "distasteful" - but what do you think ?

Ar18TvkCMAAMMs5.jpg:large

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I think it's funny PLUS I think it's a dodgy appointment. I would obviously LOVE to be proved wrong but can't see us even getting out of the group stages.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Confirms why I never read the pile of shit that is The Scum.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
They tried making a joke and it is a bit over the top, maybe putting 1 word saying like "Woy for England" only - but nothing more than that. Some of the reaction on Twitter is over the top though.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Call me a bad person, I don't find it offensive at all. And yet, I opposed the Titanic bouncy castle.

Funny old game.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The tabloids wanted Redknapp because he's controversial and volatile and they know that he would sell papers. Hodgson is well mannered and sensible, which won't sell papers.
So I gather the big plan is: take the piss out of Hodgson, make all the easily-led working-class Sun readers think that he is a joke, they all call for his head when we get knocked out in the group stages/ second round of the Euro's, print sensationalist headlines about how "England fans want Hodgson out", sell more papers to the gullible working-class.
Wankers.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Avoiding the real news story of the day.

Funny really the crappiest jingoistic support for our boys comes from an Aussie owned paper, backed up by similar crap advertising from the American owned McDonalds and Mars. Mars in particular really don't seem to understand the whole football thing at all, yet no one seems to really mind.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If 'Arry was appointed would the headline be:-

'lock up your cheque books, 'ere's Arry'.

No the paper has an agenda they are pi$$ed off The FA haven't done what they said, and they will undermine until they get their way.
At which point it will be Keggy Keeygee all over again, and we won't even qualify for championships..

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
An embarrassment of a paper. I bet they pull this front page from later editions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here