Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I would guess typical argus typo.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I noticed this but took it to be a typo. Although frankly now we have the money I see no reason why it is should be so long to build. I wouldn't altogether rule out a revision in the timetable. If the stadium can be completed quicker why not move in sooner. Every month we are at Withdean we are losing money.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Well they do seem to be making a lot of progess up there, who knows - maybe the jump from £40 Mil to £93 Mil is partly due to getting the stadium ready 6 months earlier than expected.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
the jump in money is the thing that gets me, to more than double the budget is immense. Why was this needed?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
the jump in money is the thing that gets me, to more than double the budget is immense. Why was this needed?

It is not double the cost. The stadium cost is £66m, that is what the Buckingham Group project is worth.

According to the argus, the rest is made up as follows :-

£6m - legal costs for getting Falmer approved in the first place
£5m - to purchase the site
£? - the stadium fit out costs
£? - Admin costs
£? - Infrastructure costs
£3m - extra contingency budget should it be required

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I'm pretty certain it's a typo, and nothing more.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
It is not double the cost. The stadium cost is £66m, that is what the Buckingham Group project is worth.

£? - Admin costs

£10.56 Feed for the ducks at Falmer village pond.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

The major changes to the road layout at the entrance to Falmer School (which have to be completed before the stadium opens for business) can't possibly be done to meet a July 2010 kick-off date.

So ... it's a typo.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand

£? - Admin costs

Also take into account the weak pound and the increase in the cost of steel and hey presto £60m becomes £93m!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Also take into account the weak pound and the increase in the cost of steel and hey presto £60m becomes £93m!

Apart from the fact that the steel cost is fixed within Buckingham's contract and any fluctuation is at their risk.

And what difference a weak pound makes is anyone's guess!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
The major changes to the road layout at the entrance to Falmer School (which have to be completed before the stadium opens for business) can't possibly be done to meet a July 2010 kick-off date.

So ... it's a typo.

that's a shame. imagine if THIS was the last withdean season - i reckon we'd sell an extra 3k season tickets to those wanting first dips on falmer STs

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Apart from the fact that the steel cost is fixed within Buckingham's contract and any fluctuation is at their risk.

And what difference a weak pound makes is anyone's guess!

That being the case (RE: Steel) why did we re-negotiate a new roof (going as far as re-submitting planning permission) having seen costs saw?

I'm just trying to make sense of where the increase in price comes from.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
The roof was re-designed before the Contract was placed with Buckingham; at the time there was a sharp rise in steel prices globally hense the the re-design. But we have fixed the Contract Sum with Buckingham and unless we change anything there will be no change to the price.

And the cost of the stadium hasn't gone up - it's still £66m. The rest are external costs outside the construction - as a few people have already stated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here