Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The sportsman - whats your thoughts on this?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Sorry to bring this back to the original subject, but...

Pardon my ignorance, but apart from having proven the ability to drive, what is the difference between a provisional and full (pink) license?? You have to prove your identity initially to get the provisional...

I've worked in the pub trade a lot (inc management) and have never turned away a provisional purely for it being a provisional. In my experience, most fakes tend to be pink ones...

It is just recommended practice by the council they always state full driving licence as being the accepted form of ID. Most places will just use common sense and accept provisionals but the Sportsman clearly prefer to go by the letter of the law (or letter of the guideline in this case)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So, in the two days since you turned 18, how many different brews have you sampled as your comment about 'fancying a couple of pints of the old Harveys (as opposed to Harvey's Old) suggest you are a seasoned drinker!!!!!!!!!!!!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
They will be making you pay a membership fee and charging you to go in and pay to have a drink next..... Oh. That's next door. :tantrum:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
how did this thread start with the sportsman and kevin mcleods pre match gutbuster and end up with lots of guys sucking each other off ? Attendance 5,456, 389 brighton 1-2. Murray and Thornhill. Theres a nice pub that sells real ale near the station.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Sportsman is quite possibly the shittest pub in Brighton (its certainly got to be in the bottom three). As a pre-match drinking venue it is a complete and utter dead loss.

In future I would suggest going somewhere half decent.

We keep saying it Early. And still they keep going there. Some people got no drinking standards. Which is why, unless we're ultra-vigilant, Falmer will sub-contract to Sportsman-like sub-contractors who will serve the lowest form of alcohol with the worst levels of service they can get away with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here