Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sportsman - How NOT to treat your employees

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
BensGrandad said:
What is the food like and when do they stop serving in the evenings.

Mother is in Southlands and when we leave her at 8.00pm we do not want to start cooking at home and have looked for a pub with reasonable food at a reasonable price. Stopped at The Jack and Jill at Clayton on Monday night had Liver and Bacon , Mash and Veg quite good at about £9 ,I think, wife had Roast Turkey, a wine and a J2O it was £21 quite reasonable.

The food is very good; home cooked, wide variety of daily specials and most of the main meals are about £7-8. They stop serving at 10pm. Well worth checking out :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What possesses a young woman to wander round serving with Felch written on her t shirt back? Is it supposed to be funny, if it is I must be more old fashioned than I thought?:ohmy:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
chez said:
I also found out tonight that because of this thread the Sportsman barstaff are no longer allowed to have names on there shirts. :nono: :nono: :nono:

I'm shocked an appalled - I certainly wasn't offended by the nicknames, just couldn't understand why anyone would wear one,LET ALONE choose their own.

Oh well, as I started the thread I must take the blame. My bad :down:

However as a result they have now bought a dozen albion shirts which means the club have now made some money so :clap2:

I will personally apologise to everybody in the sportsman this saturday - if I get there at 1.30 so you think there'll be room?

And they now have enough bar staff in there (and the spitfire hasn't run out recently) so fair play to them. At last someone realises the importance of serving customers.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
chez said:
Very friendly and considering the amount of people they get in there they are quite quick serving.

Rubbish. They get no more in there than a normal pub would on a Friday or Saturday nite.

chez said:

If you cant handle waiting 5 minutes to get served

Must have been a paint pots home game then. Average time to be served is about 10 mins.

Last edited:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Exactly and with free matchday travel an easy way to visit a number of them.

How are pubs going to get saved if people go to the Sportsman?

Well, on average I tend to go to 5 different ones before games - so I am sharing my saving around.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
chez said:
Donated by the club I think. :(

So I have cost the club money

Oh no - I'll, I'll just.....................well i dunno what I'll do:down: :shootself

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Lord Bracknell said:
SIX AND A QUARTER HOURS drinking in the Sportsman, pre-match?

I'll pass, if that's alright, ROSM.

i need to get my STRATEGIC brain going. I tend to think that drinking is natures very own natural selection policy for the brain:

Basically when you drink, it kills brain cells.

The older, less mobile brain cells will die first

leaving more space for active, healthy brain cells

Therefore maiking your brain more efficient.

That's why after 6 pints I feel much more intelligent :ohmy:

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here