Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sportsman - BREAKING NEWS....

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
I've just been sent an email advertising it up for sale.

If you've got £750k its yours, and interesting its being advertised with Vacant Possession.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The landlords have really missed a trick with that place. It is in the middle of a fairly affluent area, yet offers poor beers, run-of-the-mill food and shocking decoration. It was a poor pub long before The Albion moved in. If I were to buy it, I would gut the whole place and have a massive redesign.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That place should be levelled, so we can have a proper massive catilever two-tier north stand there. And no, I've not bothered giving this much thought.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There is serious money to be made here. I live 5 minutes away, and there is NO pub in the whole of Westdene/Withdean. I don't know what the population is, but it's one hell of a big area not to have a single competitor to the Sportsman. If you bought the Sportsman it would be IMPOSSIBLE not to improve on what it currently is and does, and I think you could turn it around fairly quickly.

Agreed. I would be interested to see their turnover. I would redesign and possibly inject a bit of flavour into the menu. I'm thinking a Thai theme.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was originally, in recent times, a brewers fayre (whitbread) who have now sold off most of their pubs to be taken over by Ember Inns (M & B) I would think that it would make an ideal John Barrass pub for The Spirt Group, who own The Mulberry in Goring, The Sussex Yeoman in Palatine Rd Worthing, and The The Top House Burgess Hill amongst many 100s more.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Turn it into a ....
kelton-with-hooters.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here