Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Spirit That Once Surrounded This Club

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
Barry Hazgon said:
What a depressing thread ! And the worst thing is that its too true to be ignored.

We had become a lobby group instead of football fans. It was all up to Lancaster Gate, FOCUS (spit), Mellor and round the country. It was in the papers and on the radio. We were better known and better liked than ever before - for all the most dispicable and wrong reasons. From the utter depths of dispair at Hereford, it came to pass that we became back to back champions. I mean how far fetched can you get ? Who ever would have believed it ?

If you'd told me as I walked up to the Goldstone on Saturday April 27th 1997 what would happen, over the next seven years, ending up with that day at Cardiff I would have laughed in your face.

So here we are at the bottom of the table, playing in a dreadful ground.

BUT the bottom of the 2nd Division (Championship if you must)

AND the crap ground is in Brighton.

We probably have only got half a dozen more Falmer enquiries, and no more than ten years until we're taking our picnics on the bus to Falmer village green every week.

So let's try and drum up some of the atmosphere we managed at Elland Road in October when Leeds turn up and who knows....

Lastly, someone very close to me once said that they thought I hated Archer and Bellotti more than I loved the Albion. I still wrestle with this in case its true.

I did once promise Archer that I'd be at his funeral. And I will be. He won't be at the Albion's coz we're bigger, better and more popular than he could ever be.

I need a drink

:shootself

Top Post!:clap:

And do I read it correctly 1066, you live in Ipswich?

1066gull

BHA Jordan said:
Top Post!:clap:

And do I read it correctly 1066, you live in Ipswich?

:lolol:

I was following on my phone the Ipswich home game last season, as I was unlucky enough to be at a family get-to-gether meal.:down:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
1066Seagull said:
Why don't you f*ck off.

I have followed the club for at least 10 years, but differently to many of the people on here.

The only difference is this is my first season.

I still have plenty more to go to, and probably a lot more than you.

Coward.

so u dont know me or my track record so u suggest u will go to alot more games than me when i've been all over the country ..and im a coward how? u thick shit think about what u write u twat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here