Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Smoking Ban

Yoda

English & European
You know what really scares me, is I actually only posted this thread as a joke! I don't really have much of a problem with the smoking ban, but if I want to smoke in my own home, working or not, I bloody well will.

And what scares me is that I sent it on to him as a joke too. :lolol:

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Oh and the stupid crazy thing that get me most.
I work for a private company who has an owner that smokes with a turnover of £35mil plus,he owns the factory,pays tax etc and he cant smoke within his own empire.
Well done Labour,way to promote investment:angry:

i hardly think some fat capitalist is going to object to making even more money just because he can't smoke in his favourite silk chair.

Yoda

English & European
But I work 12 hr shifts and we have a smoke room that no 1 except us has to venture into,so how can we be polluting others????????:angry:

We used to have a smoking room but government building scrapped them about 6 months ago. It still stinks to high heaven of smoke even after all that time and was redecorated 2 months ago on top of that. It's just sitting here empty apart from some new chairs. :nono:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Its all overated bullshit,smoking isn't as bad as the media make it out to be.People live a full healthy life smoking 40 a day.Drugs and drink are much worse

Yoda

English & European
Its all overated bullshit,smoking isn't as bad as the media make it out to be.People live a full healthy life smoking 40 a day.

Try and say that to my Aunt. Smoked 40 a day, ended up with throat cancer, then lung cancer and then when it spread from there to the liver she ended up dying last Autumn. :glare:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
im sure my uncle who died at the age of around 40 because of 40 a day probably would disagree.

I,m sorry to hear of your uncle. I am so relieved this Government has pointed out that smoking is unhealthy.......I didn,t realise before.
Now, I wonder....is there anything else I do, besides smoking, that is unhealthy...?
I do so hope this Government looks at the issues of :

Alcohol

Obesity

Drugs

Polo,s

Coca cola

skiing holidays

Cars

Industrial waste

Going to football matches; (must be something in there about raising blood pressure)

Etc etc etc etc

In fact, just living today could be considered unhealthy. I wonder what the "Final Solution" will be...?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
My Dad also died of lung cancer smoking since he was 10 years old but he still made it to 78 before he died.
What are you going to die of? We all have to die of something.
I did give up smoking 16 years ago after smoking for 26 years but I wouldn't condemn anyone else for smoking.
The Government have effectively made all smokers like lepers now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here