Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Smoking Ban

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I am *ahem* working from home today. When the smoking ban comes in, does that mean my living room becomes my workplace, and therefore I'm not allowed to smoke in my own home ?
:shrug:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
No

Didn't you get one of the government issued smoking ban info packs?

I've got about 20 anyway

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I am *ahem* working from home today. When the smoking ban comes in, does that mean my living room becomes my workplace, and therefore I'm not allowed to smoke in my own home ?

Hopefully. I hate going to visit people and their houses smelling of smoke. It's disgusting and inconsiderate.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Hopefully. I hate going to visit people and their houses smelling of smoke. It's disgusting and inconsiderate.

My mums local paper had this sa their headline story this week.

The local council have told residents their staff will no longer enter homes if the person is smoking or has been smoking and if residents smoke and a visit is cancelled they could lose their benefits, welfare, support etc.

http://www.andoveradvertiser.co.uk/search/display.var.1446276.0.no_smoking.php

Sep 20, 2005
I agree. For me it's exactly the same with houses that smell of cat, or dog. F***ing disgusting stink.

leonidas

Go tell the Spartans
Jun 5, 2007
Surrounded by pubs
As a dog owner I have to say sorry about that. They do smell a bit, even if you bath them regularly. And when they are wet they stink the house out, but what do you do?
If you find other peoples houses disgusting if they have pets or smoke, I hope you dont have to visit a lot of people because that must be a very high percentage of homes in this country.

Sep 20, 2005
As a dog owner I have to say sorry about that. They do smell a bit, even if you bath them regularly. And when they are wet they stink the house out, but what do you do?
If you find other peoples houses disgusting if they have pets or smoke, I hope you dont have to visit a lot of people because that must be a very high percentage of homes in this country.
I do have to visit a lot of people but, as you say, what can you do?
Different strokes for different folks!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Much as it's personal choice whether to smoke or not, I'm glad that (in theory at least), when the ban comes into force those who choose not to smoke won't be at such risk of the effects.

Speaking for myself, as I only have one lung that works properly in any case, being in a room where even one person is smoking can be a very uncomfortable experience.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Blimey - thats bold! Surely someone can do as they please in their own home?

Of course you should but I guess the council are covering their arses. If they don't take action on things like this then they are leaving themselves wide open to being sued by employees who are forced to go into the homes of people who are smoking whilst they are there.

I'm not surprised and I would expect companies like British Gas and similar who send employees into peoples homes to follow suit.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Yes. Yes it does. But you'll also be allowed to skive off work every other hour throughout the working day, loiter outside the workplace like a rent-boy and litter the pavement. And your caring sharing employer will give you even MORE time off to attend rehab while lumbering your colleagues with your workload while you put your feet up in a counselling session.

What's not to like? :rolleyes:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
No more smoking at Withdean. Yippee!!!!!!!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
The No Smoking Ban has been in place for a few months now in wales, and in all honesty its working fine, you will always get the odd idiot, in a pub for example, but its honestly working fine, (and im not just talking about Bridgend, i went to see THE WHO last week and everyone seemed to comply) and i have been drinking in Cardiff and Swansea since the ban came into place)

Look forward to it, it is good

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The cigar smoke at the Goldstone really made the atmosphere. Sitting in the West Stand and smelling the cigar smoke added to the experience. A real football smell back in the day.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The No Smoking Ban has been in place for a few months now in wales, and in all honesty its working fine, you will always get the odd idiot, in a pub for example, but its honestly working fine, (and im not just talking about Bridgend, i went to see THE WHO last week and everyone seemed to comply) and i have been drinking in Cardiff and Swansea since the ban came into place)

Look forward to it, it is good

Works fine in the wildest villages in the Wild North of Scotland also. Bring it ON! :clap2:

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Blimey - thats bold! Surely someone can do as they please in their own home?

not if this govenmen have anything to do with it........

wont be long before we cant shit without asking first.

fu@king dictatorship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here