Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Smokin bannnnn!!!!!!!

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
It all kicked off at work today when teabreak came, i made meself a cuppa and went outside to spark up a ciggy, like i have done for the last 6 years. The boss comes charging out of the office yelling at me to put the fag out, shouting at me that i'm breaking the law.

I said i'm not breaking the law, the law says "no smoking allowed in enclosed or substantially enclosed places" so what am i doing wrong?

It nearly came to blows, the boss reckons the no-smoking law covers work premises, which includes the car park. Now i'm 99% sure that it isn't against the law to smoke in the car park as it's not an enclosed space. Can anyone clarify? I need ammunition to back me up tomorrow, when i spark up again outside in the car park...:salute:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Okay, just got back from 3 and a half hours in the pub, during which I had 6 pints. No problem with not beong allowed to smoke in the pub, and I guess the good news is I only smoked 4 cigarettes, which is a very very significant reduction on what I would normally smoke in that amount of time in a pub.

However, my peanut consumption rocketed, so I may be slightly more healthy by smoking less, but I'm gonna tunr into a fat bastard!

There was an article on this in yesterdays NOTW. The average smoker will compensate by eating pub snacks and gain over a stone in the next year or something similar!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It all kicked off at work today when teabreak came, i made meself a cuppa and went outside to spark up a ciggy, like i have done for the last 6 years. The boss comes charging out of the office yelling at me to put the fag out, shouting at me that i'm breaking the law.

I said i'm not breaking the law, the law says "no smoking allowed in enclosed or substantially enclosed places" so what am i doing wrong?

It nearly came to blows, the boss reckons the no-smoking law covers work premises, which includes the car park. Now i'm 99% sure that it isn't against the law to smoke in the car park as it's not an enclosed space. Can anyone clarify? I need ammunition to back me up tomorrow, when i spark up again outside in the car park...:salute:

I am pretty certain that is OK if designated by the company as a place where you can smoke.

If smoking is banned on the whole of the company premises (which it could be) then you cannot.

Was there a "No Smoking" sign in the car park ?

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I am pretty certain that is OK if designated by the company as a place where you can smoke.

If smoking is banned on the whole of the company premises (which it could be) then you cannot.

Was there a "No Smoking" sign in the car park ?

They haven't put any "No Smoking" signs up anywhere. I wonder where i stand if i go and light up in my car? I felt like a naughty schoolboy who'd been caught smoking round the back of the bike shed...:angry:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Is your boss a non, or ex-smoker per chance?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Happenede to visit the Inland Rev in Brighton today. No 'No Smoking' signs on display, are they breaking the law?

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
It's gonna be GREAT!

If people want to kill themselves in an expensive, unhealthy, and dirty way then they should be free to do so. What they shouldn't be allowed to do is inflict those things on me, or anyone else with enough grip on their lives to be able to say no to this disgusting habit. Thankfully, now, they won't.

:thumbsup:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's gonna be GREAT!

If people want to kill themselves in an expensive, unhealthy, and dirty way then they should be free to do so. What they shouldn't be allowed to do is inflict those things on me, or anyone else with enough grip on their lives to be able to say no to this disgusting habit. Thankfully, now, they won't.

Complete trossocks Complete Badger! What's expensive about it? Duty Free rolling tobacco means it's obscenely inexpensive. The only sufferers will be sanctimonious bods like you who will be stuck inside pubs breathing fresh healthy lungfulls of clear air with all the other boring sanctimonious bods discussing the best pint of real ale to be had in the BN postcode area whilst all the interesting people will be outside courting lung cancer whilst getting down with the real topics of the day. And yes us smokers will die agonising deaths, twenty odd years before the rest of the Badger Set (excuse the gag) but at least we'll be free from your tedious ramblings.

CM disclaimer: this post was written after a lengthy pub Stella session and may need reviewing in the morn, but at the mo seems perfectly reasonable.

:thumbsup:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here