The Smokin bannnnn!!!!!!!

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Apologies. I got it wrong. You said nothing of the kind :blush:

You're only FOURTH most stoopid poster on here today. Must try harder :thumbsup:

FOURTH ! ? ! ? Right, I'm not having that.

All Muslims are terrorists, and the police should be given carte blanche to arrest and incarcerate them all without rhyme nor reason immediately.

:lolol::jester::lolol:

FOURTH ! ? ! ? Right, I'm not having that.

All Muslims are terrorists, and the police should be given carte blanche to arrest and incarcerate them all without rhyme nor reason immediately.

:lolol::jester::lolol:
I can't agree with that. The police should arrest Muslims in a way that is calculated to cause maximum public hysteria. A good, loud, rhyming chant will achieve the right result ...

"There's Muslims here! There's Muslims there! ... "

That sort of thing.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
They can diversify, like the poppy growers.

Easier said than done. Malawi relies heavily on tobacco giants and would not have the money or expertise to diversify.

As for poppy growers, I think you will find that most have not diversified and there is still a huge problem. Afghanistan is a relatively rich country compared to Malawi and they have international support - would the same go for Malawi? It won't happen overnight and I daresay, it will not happen in the distant future. The Malawians are very limited as to what they can grow, due to climate and they would be well and truly buggered if tobacco was banned. They are currently the 8the 8th poorest country in the world.

Should alcohol be banned as well? The cost of alcohol on soicety is huge. Not only financially, but socially as well.

Watford d'oh

Jun 11, 2007
The Smoking ban has been here in wales now since the beginning of April, its working fine, it will take people a while to get used to it, but it does work, and the best thing is when i go down the pub now, i dont come back with my clothes smelling as though they have had an ashtray emptied over them.

Just for the record, i was a very heavy smoker, and i have been a non smoker now for 2 years 5 months :thumbsup:
yep as they say the ex smoker is the worst f***ing whinger there is.
anyways you live in wales so who gives a f*** what you think.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
All this fuss over smoking......!
I don,t disagree with banning smoking in enclosed public areas......I will avoid those areas as often as possible.
Seems to me that the choice I really have is ....

a) Die quickly around 65 with a smoking related disease in a relatively short period (average life span for lung-cancer 12 months)...or

b) Die slowly around 85 after a long period of various problems (arthritis, blood pressure, stroke, heart failure, Alzheimers, replacement hips, skin diseases, sleep problems, anxiety problems,depression(affects the elderly a lot), Parkinsons, incontinence, failing eyesight, failing hearing etc etc etc

Neither choice particularly excites me, but having been involved in caring for the elderly most of my life the desire to live a long life is somewhat tempered by my experiences.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I don,t disagree with banning smoking in enclosed public areas......I will avoid those areas as often as possible.

a) Die quickly around 65 with a smoking related disease in a relatively short period (average life span for lung-cancer 12 months)...or

b) Die slowly around 85 after a long period of various problems (arthritis, blood pressure, stroke, heart failure, Alzheimers, replacement hips, skin diseases, sleep problems, anxiety problems,depression(affects the elderly a lot), Parkinsons, incontinence, failing eyesight, failing hearing etc etc etc

Neither choice particularly excites me, but having been involved in caring for the elderly most of my life the desire to live a long life is somewhat tempered by my experiences.

I agree with that point of view and have made it a few times on here. Geriatrics cost the NHS a lot of money too.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

I didn't know that smoking cured all those problems, silly me.

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
I'm still amused by all the legal signs that have to be displayed and which are now appearing in all sorts of places. Like when did anyone recently have a fag in Boots?

Although I don't intend to give up smoking because the Government has decided I shall, apart from pubs there's few places this ban will affect me. I haven't expected to smoke in restaurants, at work, on any public transport, for years and you just get on with it.

My company have sent me a no smoking sticker I have to put in my company car. If anyone smokes in it, I can get fined. :eek:

That said, as a whinging ex smoker. I welcome being able to go into a pub and not coming out smelling like an ashtray. :thumbsup:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I didn't know that smoking cured all those problems, silly me.

Did I say it did....?

The illnesses/diseases mentioned in b) predominantly affect the over 65,s.

Hope all the non-smokers/keep fit fanatics/healthy eaters realise that once you,ve made everybody the same and the average length of life goes up 85-90, you,ll need to build a lot more houses, work much later in life, pay more tax to fund the ever increasing health budget and pensions. Probably have to wait a good deal longer to see the doctor too.....he,ll be busy with all the 65-90 year olds.
Oh.......and if you think the average 85-90 year old leads a full and active life and then peacefully and pain free, goes to sleep one night, never to wake up ..........think again.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Did I say it did....?

The illnesses/diseases mentioned in b) predominantly affect the over 65,s.

Hope all the non-smokers/keep fit fanatics/healthy eaters realise that once you,ve made everybody the same and the average length of life goes up 85-90, you,ll need to build a lot more houses, work much later in life, pay more tax to fund the ever increasing health budget and pensions. Probably have to wait a good deal longer to see the doctor too.....he,ll be busy with all the 65-90 year olds.
Oh.......and if you think the average 85-90 year old leads a full and active life and then peacefully and pain free, goes to sleep one night, never to wake up ..........think again.

No, selective culling is the answer, volunteers anyone?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Okay, just got back from 3 and a half hours in the pub, during which I had 6 pints. No problem with not beong allowed to smoke in the pub, and I guess the good news is I only smoked 4 cigarettes, which is a very very significant reduction on what I would normally smoke in that amount of time in a pub.

However, my peanut consumption rocketed, so I may be slightly more healthy by smoking less, but I'm gonna tunr into a fat bastard!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here