The free state of Kemp Town
It was ok.

Not brilliant, not terrible.

Worth going to see at any rate

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I was at the cinema to see something else tonight but it was full. I thought about the Simpsons as it was available but decided against and just left without going to see anything.

I love the series but just can't see the justification for shelling out £7 to watch an extended TV program. I'll wait til I can pick up the DVD in the sale for a couple of quid.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
But it's Orange Wednesday, only cost £3.50

:thumbsup:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Free for Cineworld Pass holders. Already seen three movies this month so it truly is free to go.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I thought it was pretty funny - however I did have free tickets, not sure it is worth £7 as someone else has already mentioned.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
sorry, I thought you were 13. Sorry.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Saw it up in Crawley today.

Very average, slightly better than the last few series on TV....but that's not saying much.

Only worth seeing if you're a big simpsons fan, you won't be missing out on much if you go and see transformers instead (which I've heard is pretty good).

The Simpsons has been going downhill for the last few years, with the movie being no exception to that.

(It's officially out on Friday, but some cinemas are showing it from Wednesday)

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
It's pretty good. Better then the average episode nowadays.

Few laugh out loud moments.

Exactly.

Don't go in expecting a triumphant return to form of what was once the greatest TV show ever screened, but if you've been keeping up with the more recent series then you'll be pleasantly surprised to see this film isn't as poor.

Can't help thinking that this should be the end now though, there really is nothing more they can do with them and I'd sooner they bowed out with credibility than just kept milking it until it was eventually pulled.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Nope! That's why it's worth getting a pass.

Only if you're going to see 2-3 films every single month.

I'm lucky if I see that many in a year.

Unless you're into formulaic US blockbusters you're very unlikely to get your moneys worth with that deal because there simply aren't that many decent films released every month. Plus you have to consider that whilst films may be free for you, your friends will still have to pay, and they're probably going to lose interest after a couple of films every now and again leaving you with the cinema bleeding your bank account every month making you determined to go at every opportunity, failing to find any companions and ultimately going on your own just to justify the expense.

I'll stick to forking out £6.90 every time I actually want to see something, and I guarantee my cinema expenditure doesn't get anywhere near the £120 you pass holders have to pay

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Only if you're going to see 2-3 films every single month.

I'm lucky if I see that many in a year.

Unless you're into formulaic US blockbusters you're very unlikely to get your moneys worth with that deal because there simply aren't that many decent films released every month. Plus you have to consider that whilst films may be free for you, your friends will still have to pay, and they're probably going to lose interest after a couple of films every now and again leaving you with the cinema bleeding your bank account every month making you determined to go at every opportunity, failing to find any companions and ultimately going on your own just to justify the expense.

I'll stick to forking out £6.90 every time I actually want to see something, and I guarantee my cinema expenditure doesn't get anywhere near the £120 you pass holders have to pay

Fairly decent assessment - I've gone to see two films so far this year. there's passes to The Simpsons for me in work (mate who works in UCI 'acquired' them), so that'll make 3, 2 I paid for. Don't see anything else coming out I'm interested in seeing this year...

Both I've paid for were British made, oddly enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here