Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The silence is deafening

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Ok - so he was there, and didn't pull out. Interesting, but not totally surprising, I guess.

I agree, not a significant problem, presumably circumstances mean PB was able to honour a long standing commitment. Might even make some sense to be seen away from Club surroundings especially if he wasn't needed as part of the formal hearing process. Useful PR to be seen doing something constructive, rather than putting the knife into Gus as some seem to believe.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Page 1, right hand side...

http://www.sussexbusinessclubs.com/newsletters/March2013.pdf

y9uzene2.jpg

He was probably looking for Gus on a tip off only to find out it was Gus Christie.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
If barber was witness during investigation he would not have been allowed to form part of the hearing team. Additionally if there was a difficult working relationship between gus and barber best advice would be for barber not to form part of the hearing team to stop gus and his team claiming any sort of pre judgement.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
If barber was witness during investigation he would not have been allowed to form part of the hearing team. Additionally if there was a difficult working relationship between gus and barber best advice would be for barber not to form part of the hearing team to stop gus and his team claiming any sort of pre judgement.

not like on here then

gumbo43

gumbo
Jun 9, 2011
hove
Barclays is pre-football (so over ten years ago) and Hampshire CC was non-exec. he also had senior roles at half a dozen other top companies. point is your facts are wrong and the insinuation he's been moved on by organisations doesnt hold.

Are you barber in disguise :rave::rave:

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Becoming a joke now, sod all that bollocks about procedure and just put this to bed,

barber and gus can both take there big egos and sod off, this whole charade has gone on long enough..

We the fans the heartbeat of the club want news, is it too much to ask mr barber, you making bha into joke club and need to Get a grip, it's no coincidence that's he's had about 5 jobs in last few years and I beginning to wonder.

Just hope his master plan isn't to bring in sherwood, may just cancel my 5 season tickets

Understatement of the century. Piss poor PR.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
This is a legal process. They cannot just bypass that because us fans are fed-up. Having been involved in a few I would guess that at the moment the club are reviewing any evidence or answers to questions that Gus gave on Thursday. Given the nature of the situation, I would expect the club are taking further legal advice on this.

Yes it is annoying, yes it is taking ages, but better it is done right and when it is finally over we can draw a line under it and carry on then spend all season with the club involved in a bitter legal dispute which would take not only focus but funds away from the important job of us playing football.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
And as to the lack of information coming out the club. Have you thought that the club cannot report anything for risk of opening themselves up to further legal challenge? If you were in a disciplinary hearing at work would you want all your companies customers being kept abreast of what was being said by whom and what the allegations where? And yes I know we are fans and not customers but that does not change the legal rights of the employee or the club.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yeah because we would look less of a joke club, as you put it, if we just said "**** rules here is the gossip" and then got sued to high heaven.
****ing idiot.

We could go the whole hog and become truly comical with TB and PB posting on NSC and Twitter :wink:

gumbo43

gumbo
Jun 9, 2011
hove
And as to the lack of information coming out the club. Have you thought that the club cannot report anything for risk of opening themselves up to further legal challenge? If you were in a disciplinary hearing at work would you want all your companies customers being kept abreast of what was being said by whom and what the allegations where? And yes I know we are fans and not customers but that does not change the legal rights of the employee or the club.

Then don't announce anything in the first place, keep it hush, deal with it behind closed doors
Like other businesses do, tape up gus mouth, have the investigation, no one talks, then announce departure after
All settled.. Simple to me..

gumbo43

gumbo
Jun 9, 2011
hove
Yeah because we would look less of a joke club, as you put it, if we just said "**** rules here is the gossip" and then got sued to high heaven.
****ing idiot.

If they had kept the suspensions hush, then announced after a hearing , the verdict then this drama could have been avoided
Only saying plonks :bla:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
[/B][/U]

no you are not allowed to do this now:shutup: or I will take you out into the light and out of the shite and away from your other mushroom friends:lolol::lolol::lolol:

I'm not entirely sure what you said there. As far as I can work out, we need to get the ring out of the shire and take it to rivendell.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
This is a legal process. They cannot just bypass that because us fans are fed-up. Having been involved in a few I would guess that at the moment the club are reviewing any evidence or answers to questions that Gus gave on Thursday. Given the nature of the situation, I would expect the club are taking further legal advice on this.

Yes it is annoying, yes it is taking ages, but better it is done right and when it is finally over we can draw a line under it and carry on then spend all season with the club involved in a bitter legal dispute which would take not only focus but funds away from the important job of us playing football.

This !

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Then don't announce anything in the first place, keep it hush, deal with it behind closed doors
Like other businesses do, tape up gus mouth, have the investigation, no one talks, then announce departure after
All settled.. Simple to me..

this
I said something similar right at the start .........and got flamed
the suspensions did seem like the club were trying to make Gus(+2) the wrongdoer and have mightily succeeded in the whole otherwise just do it quietly as you said
each home match brings in 1m + which make one hell of a customer/fan base nobody is asking to be kept in the loop but a short non committal statement would not be to much to ask would it
something on the lines of "something Monday hopefully" no more no less
until otherwise I will believe that silence means something to hide
its all a very sad state of affairs

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
These threads are more tedious than the process itself. One thing's for sure, it isn't and never will be becoming a joke. Do give over.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I'm not entirely sure what you said there. As far as I can work out, we need to get the ring out of the shire and take it to rivendell.

something like that
mushrooms = small edible Fungi that are fed shite and kept in the dark:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here