Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The sign here if you hate Pompey thread

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Absolutely. I am now going to pay my missus "image rights" into a foreign bank account and refuse to pay anyone else. If I list my kids as major guaranteed creditors in whatever I earn, then I can stiff everyone else. This is a disgusting decision and is completely against what every small business or individual has gone through - the CVA should not be allowed to stand because it has been fraudulently arrived at. I just hope the Court of Appeal turns it over.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Clubs will carry on spending money they don't have (which does in fact belong to the public), and will carry on getting away with paying just a fraction of it back. Awful decision.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
What a surprise.

The cheating scum have got away with it.They should have been thrown out of the league last year - but then nobody should expect the Premier League to do anything which might damage its squeaky clean self-righteous image. Whilst I can sympathise with the supporters of any club which faces extinction, the simple fact is that successive owners operated outside their means. If you or I did that we would be hounded to bankruptcy. Why should "football creditors" be protected whilst others aren't?The whole thing stinks as much as the mud in Portsmouth Harbour.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
f***ing Joke, they are stealing tax doging scum. Where do they think the money comes from now? Yes, muggins, us lot here will pay, because they decided to basically steal from us. f*** me, how do they get away with it? *****

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
signed.

cheating f00kers. Cup winners with players they couldn't afford? What about the other 1000 or so clubs that entered the tournament fairly?

We will rise and be the biggest on the south coast soon, but not only that, we will act with both class and ethics.

Cheaters never prosper.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I just hope the Court of Appeal turns it over.

I think this was the appeal, so the decision is final.

Appart from all the companies that have been screwed over they havent even had a football punishment, last seasons points deduction was meaningless as they would have been relegated anyway.

In fact the F.A. almost sanctioned it by advancing them money to carry on, this whole saga is a fuckin disgrace!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
*****. i want them to fold now. disappear.

reform as a sunday league side "Pompey and fratton atheltic formerly known a the ***** to tried to cheat everyone out of their money FC"

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
There must have been a Masonic link with the Judge
poke2.gif

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Really pisses me off, what about the other clubs that went bankrupt and liquidated like AFC Wimbledon, Telford United, Chester City

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh well. This basically gives the green light for clubs such as Pompey to continue using the Inland Revenue as an unofficial overdraft facility, safe in the knowledge that ultimately the worst that could happen is a points deduction - with the (rather large) upside that they'll get 80% + of their debts written off.

Nice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here