Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sheff Wed catering thread

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Queues in East Lower last night were much shorter than usual. I got served before the game and at half time (and i didn't dash out early). There seemed to be a good supply of food. Sounds like the WSU is where they need to focus attention.

Have to agree - much, much better in ESL than last season. Felt confident enough to take a piss BEFORE joining the queue, and still got served well before the end of half time. Staff (at the kiosk I went to) were very friendly, and also sorted out a young lad who had dropped his drink (free replacement).

Glad I didn't give in to the siren calls of the WSU when choosing my season ticket!!

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I've given up trying to get a drink at half time now in the North - I'm right in the middle of the row and don't like to jump ship early at half time as I don't want to annoy anyone - but by the time the half time whistle goes and you get on the concourse you may as well give up - in the past I've queued got to the counter game is about to start - no beer being served!!!

The queues in the north after the match last night were so ridiculous we didn't bother to stay for a drink afterwards either - even Dicks was incredibly busy before the match - we popped in their about 5.45 - it was heaving - had a quick drink and went to the North concourse for a beer - the queue for Dicks when we left there was massive - Not sure why anyone bothers going in there to be honest -

I still think if the club charged a few mobile sellers out on the concourse to trade it would be much easier for everyone -

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Got to WSL at about 7pm with the Mrs (pregnant and a bit ratty) and already a large queue.
She started to moan about the prices but as I explained a lot of people aren't too happy about that (she seemed to not be as ratty at this point)
About 20 minutes later we are at the front of the queue.
She orders a cup of tea and a cheese burger. No cheese burgers (she's starting to get ratty again)
Ok just a normal burger then. There are no burgers only hot dogs (she's annoyed now) but orders a hot dog. With my 2 pints and a second hot dog we eventually part with £16.
As we settle down to eat them her brother bowls over with a bottle of beer and a much tastier hot dog that has a proper sausage in it and comes in a handy tray.
Went to the kiosks hardly any wait and I never heard the end of it. Bless her

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
The Swan for me and Mrs, Sausage and Onion Bap and a basket of chips, nice and hot and reasonable queues, but why they don't lay on the outside BBQ for midweeks is a bit bewildering.

Into WSL at 7.10 for another pint, huge queues so tried South which was equally bad but just picked a line .... 2 fellas in front with about 4/5 kids been queuing patiently to be told no food at all. That was piss poor imo, not rocket science, and as others have said let the mobiles do it, and teach Azure how to cater for such events

Arrived at the swan at 6.30........ to told the pub was full and it was a one out/ one in policy. Queued for 15 minutes to get in!!!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
- the queue for Dicks when we left there was massive - Not sure why anyone bothers going in there to be honest -

I still think if the club charged a few mobile sellers out on the concourse to trade it would be much easier for everyone -

I couldn't believe that Q for Dicks, we left on final whistle and it was about 3/4 of way back to steps ... why people would leave the game to queue for Dicks is one of life's great mysteries.

Agree, Independent mobile sellers would kill off a whole load of criticism I reckon

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Blimey ... we were there at 6.15 straight in and a decent table by window.

As I said I think LL is missing a trick not laying on the BBQ for the late summer midweeks

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Minor point compared to the 'no food' issue, but after [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] confirmed in ATC that the pie/hot drink deal is £5.50, I have yet to be charged anything other than £5.90 without a debate.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Before game had a pie and pint in Harry bloom lounge which overlooks the pitch. Then after the game had a lovely meal in players lounge and was chatting to squad. Was sitting eating with Buckley, he is a legend.

Apart from the fact the above post has a "Look at me" feel about it, it has absolutly f*** all to do with the point of the thread!!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Don't know how true it was but was told that East had an open door policy where anyone could go in for a pie/pint before the game...but feel sorry for those who queue for ages and get told that theres nothing left....I'm one of the lucky ones...although 1901.... I hardly ever eat at football matches...in fact I have never had a pie /burger/hotdog at the Amex...but to queue for ages for nothing must be annoying.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Obviously the summit of the WSU cannot be supplied without a siege supply programme. Part of the sensible solution would be to use the lift for part of the way, so that probably doesn't happen, a supply camp chain needs to be established at various levels. The addition of the employment of Sherpa's would also be a benefit to the logistics of moving supplies to the top.
Camp 1 should of course be the largest because it can be supplied mechanical. Not being privy to the amounts of supplies involved I have no recommendations as to the amount of Sherpa's that need to be employed, but I have no doubt this is the answer to the problem of getting supplies to the summit!
Some thought will need to be given to the Sherpa's clothing, as unlike their native environment, it gets hotter the higher they go instead of colder! This may change with the onset of winter. Hopefully.

6a0105369f72c0970c01156f97e3c1970c-320wi
provinces-tibet-shigatse-mount-everest2.jpg

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Before game had a pie and pint in Harry bloom lounge which overlooks the pitch. Then after the game had a lovely meal in players lounge and was chatting to squad. Was sitting eating with Buckley, he is a legend.

This reads like a Michael Winner restaurant review from the sunday times.

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
Similar experience in Esu
Arrived and queued at 7. Served around 7.15. The only food left was a few hot dogs (nabbed then for the kids)
About 20 mins after k o spotted someone with a pie so one on the kids nipped out for a couple of pies.

Then after the game, had a pint. Was thinking about another but all the kiosks had closed.

Not the greatest catering performance, but I still left smiling after the performance on pitch !

PriapismBoy

Apr 18, 2011
Durrington
Think the club should really look into setting up there own food outlets outside the stadium. This will cut que time. I normally get a burger outside falmer station. Really quick and nice burger

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
A simple large hand written note behind the food counter saying "Sold Out of..............." would stop people queuing for something not available.

Or better still actually stock up on what is required.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Think the club should really look into setting up there own food outlets outside the stadium. This will cut que time. I normally get a burger outside falmer station. Really quick and nice burger

Are you an eating machine by any chance?

Arriving at Brighton station at around Half 6 and seeing the queues and knowing I needed dinner at some point, I decided to just head to the fish & chip shop by the Battle. £2.80 for lare battered suasage and chips, lasted the whole 20 minutes i spent queuing to board the train to the Amex.

Think it's the first time I've been to a game at the Amex and not had a Pie!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here