Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Shard - Expensive and Dangerous

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Cheers for that. A combination of the price and my fear of heights means I'll probably never get to see it for myself so this is a great substitute.

As an aside - is it just me who thinks that it doesn't 'look' all that high when you see it from the near distance. It also looks unfinished. Maybe that's just me too.

How near? If you stand under it & lean back to see the top you will find yourself lying on the ground....incredible

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Total rip off, though i imagine the views would be good on a clear day.

Havent you got to book in advance too ? So you could book and then on the day, its low cloud of incredibly foggy, so you see nothing - that would be a MASSIVE waste.

If you just roll up and pay on the day it's £100

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
The lifts travel at 6m/s. They aren't that fast and unlikely to cause a perforated eardrum. Unless he was holding his breath all the way up?

I thought it unlikely but the pain began literally 20 minutes after we left. It's a mystery.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Did you have a shit up there?

article-2260485-16DBA0FB000005DC-841_964x642.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes, but you do have to factor in the cost of the vaccinations required to visit Portsmouth.
Just hold your breath, it's worked ok for The Stat's, so far.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Comparable with here, which is normally more expensive on everything.

The observation deck at Burj Khalifa (world's tallest building) is just under £60 for two adults and a 10-year old if you book ahead.

But it's £200 if you just turn up and want to go there and then!!! :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

I did this with my son... f***ing shocking!

Its not even the worlds highest observation deck, theres another 300m of burj above it and the one in malaysia is higher... #stitchup

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I think the shard is a stunning addition to the london skyline - wouldnt pay to go up it - shit scared of heights.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Bit of a bland addition to the London skyline IMHO. OK it's quite high, but utterly lacking in what TV property spivs would call 'The Wow Factor'. Must have taken an architect about ten minutes on his fag break to design no?

Your joking!? Its a fantastic addition to the London skyline and definitely has the wow factor. I like the fact its in a new stand-alone position south of the river spreading the high rises out across London.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here