Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Season Ticket Renewals 2021/22" thread

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
As we now know to pass ticket on one has to pay a £20 fee and person having ticket has to pay £25 to become a member. Just communicated with ticket office who said if guest only likely to go just once best to put on ticket X and buy as a guest ticket . That will be interesting selling seat to club at one price and minute later trying to buy back at match day price.

Except exchange tickets aren't offered for sale on the ticket site until the match has been declared as 'sold out'.

Though you could still buy any seat in the stand, and the person could sit in the empty seat next to you.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
I suspect there is a very specific use (or non-use) case being targeted with this rule.

The price of a season ticket for the very youngest age category will be seen as a modest outlay for some, particularly when spread across direct debit payments. This permits some to buy a ST for a youngster that may or may not exist in order to bring a mate along now and again, likely when the "big clubs" visit. Other than that, the ticket may go un-used.

But an u18 ST can't be passed to an adult via the £20 option. It would have to be upgraded in the existing way and only 6 times a season. That is ok already. Unless the upgrade option is now dead because of the ID issue which it may well be? Anyone know?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Except exchange tickets aren't offered for sale on the ticket site until the match has been declared as 'sold out'.

Though you could still buy any seat in the stand, and the person could sit in the empty seat next to you.

Appreciate tthat. Obviously only interested in one seat so would have to hope it is on exchange soon after selling back to club. Still think much easier for all concerned if they just insisted on knowing details of person one passed ticket to. Although you dont have to do this when buying a guest ticket

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

I can't see with the uncertainty of covid plus the uncertainty of people's finances, plus the boost in capacity that they'll be any sell outs next season....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Correct re exchange (interesting to see how many sell out next season), but that way you'll end paying about £75 for the one seat (ST cost plus the full matchday price of the other seat).........................

There are going to be a lot of empty seats as a result of all this - I guess the club are at least flushing out those that don't attend or pass their tickets on (and maximising revenue). It'll lead to further changes once they have some data on usage, transfers etc

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Correct re exchange (interesting to see how many sell out next season), but that way you'll end paying about £75 for the one seat (ST cost plus the full matchday price of the other seat).........................

There are going to be a lot of empty seats as a result of all this - I guess the club are at least flushing out those that don't attend or pass their tickets on (and maximising revenue). It'll lead to further changes once they have some data on usage, transfers etc

Aim maybe to stop tickets handed on but too many empty seats and they may have a rethink. I personally dont know anybody that has never handed ticket on

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It seems to go to a game of football now at the Amex I will have to take photo ID , a smartphone , a credit/debit card (as no cash allowed)

Genuinely curious but do you not usually take a phone and a debit card with you? I always have my phone with me and usually take my wallet to matches which would have a debit card and my driving license in.

Also just to confuse the technophobe in you: you don't have to take a debit card, you could use Google wallet/Apple Pay on your phone instead. :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Season ticket renewal letter arrived today complete with an Albion paper, containing a word search, crossword and questions answered by Lewis Dunk.

My day is complete. :)

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I've had a season ticket since the Amex but having to give it up - can someone give me an idea of the full matchdays prices this season for games?

In the East Stand Upper (halfway line) last season the cost of a ticket for Cat A match was £57.
The equivalent cost if bought as a season ticket was £41.

- Cheaper and a guaranteed seat. It's just that you had to buy for 19 games.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Why does the renewal form say fill out and email back? It's paper? I know I could fill it in and email the pictures but surely it should have been sent as an online form?

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why does the renewal form say fill out and email back? It's paper? I know I could fill it in and email the pictures but surely it should have been sent as an online form?

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
It's a sneaky test to see who really can't cope with technology and qualifies for a non-phone ticket.

*taps nose*

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has anyone managed to get a ST into a new name yet? Mrs T has been trying for a couple of hours (she has all the details for my second ticket) and she's good at this shit and yet she's simply stuck with the online assistants also stuck.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
In the East Stand Upper (halfway line) last season the cost of a ticket for Cat A match was £57.
The equivalent cost if bought as a season ticket was £41.

- Cheaper and a guaranteed seat. It's just that you had to buy for 19 games.

£34 in WSU pro rata for the season ticket. Based on the link provided, matchday price is £52 which I think means I can break even if I miss about 6 games.

SavBlanc

Aug 28, 2020
I suspect there is a very specific use (or non-use) case being targeted with this rule.

The price of a season ticket for the very youngest age category will be seen as a modest outlay for some, particularly when spread across direct debit payments. This permits some to buy a ST for a youngster that may or may not exist in order to bring a mate along now and again, likely when the "big clubs" visit. Other than that, the ticket may go un-used.

I e mailed the club about this and you can only use a Childs ticket or an under 18 or under 21 with the same age group. You can't bring an adult on a Childs and you aren't allowed to upgrade to the adult price either. You can only upgrade a ticket using the 6 times a year process that they have had and will continue to have.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Is that Lewis Dunk Q&A bit a deliberate wind up? It's exactly like Professor Bernard ****, or Ask the AB of C in Viz.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here