Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Season Ticket Renewals 2021/22" thread

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Make sure you save enough battery for your travel on the train journey home !

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Think the club will realise what a ball ache the smartphone thing is when lots of people either a) run out of battery or b) get a phone fault and it packs up on them. I guess they’ll just send them to the ticket office but as cards were working fine, it does seem a bit silly.

Stops the informal transfer of cards though.......

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Make sure you save enough battery for your travel on the train journey home !

Yup, going to need ninja level skills to maintain adequate battery levels to last the day. Especially for chilly winter matches when batteries will drain far quicker. Sounds like the club's going to need to install a load of battery chargers. Note to self: add power cable to list of matchday essentials :moo:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Didn't the club once say about 10% of season ticket holders don't renew each year, for whatever reason. Presumably some die, some move away and some can't justify the expense. Likely to be a higher percentage this time round due to covid I guess.

Is it a bit less than that?

When I was on the waiting list, it seemed to shift by circa 1,500 a season.

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
STs Renewals

I know this won't apply for the majority of people but I hadn't noticed this clause within the season ticket terms and conditions before:

"3.8. The Club reserves the right to refuse to let you renew your Season Ticket (or cancel your auto-renewal), in the event the Season Ticket is used by the Season Ticket Holder for less than 25% of the Matches."

Not sure if this might affect some of our overseas STH's?

Yes I saw this last night.....

Question : You pay the £20 and 'share your ST' for > 25% matches, but the named holder him/herself doesn't attend the minimum 25% (because of university, sabbaticals, living away, travel (!) etc). Will that mean that the ST renewal will be turned down by the Club?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Question : You pay the £20 and 'share your ST' for > 25% matches, but the named holder him/herself doesn't attend the minimum 25% (because of university, sabbaticals, living away, travel (!) etc). Will that mean that the ST renewal will be turned down by the Club?

I suspect there is a very specific use (or non-use) case being targeted with this rule.

The price of a season ticket for the very youngest age category will be seen as a modest outlay for some, particularly when spread across direct debit payments. This permits some to buy a ST for a youngster that may or may not exist in order to bring a mate along now and again, likely when the "big clubs" visit. Other than that, the ticket may go un-used.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I suspect there is a very specific use (or non-use) case being targeted with this rule.

The price of a season ticket for the very youngest age category will be seen as a modest outlay for some, particularly when spread across direct debit payments. This permits some to buy a ST for a youngster that may or may not exist in order to bring a mate along now and again, likely when the "big clubs" visit. Other than that, the ticket may go un-used.
As always sneaky practice ruins something for everyone else.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Season Ticket Sharing

I would have thought they would have needed to state 'the ST holder will still need to attend 25% of the games' for that T&C to override the share your ticket arrangement. While this is in place, my understanding would be, as long as the seat is occupied for more than 25% by appropriate persons through Share your Ticket or Upgrading x 6, then the 25% rule won't apply.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
On the basis that when on few occasions I or friend cant go to a game our ticket is given at random to somebody who will not be a My Albion member I have to accept will no longer be able to do this and as long as game sold out ticket will be sold to a stranger instead. Over last few yearsI have managed to persuade my wife to attend once a season, She has enjoyed it but has no wish to go anymore. As I have worked out to do this next year it will cost for the one game £20 for me to register and £25 for her to become a member. Thats about £85 for the game with cost of ST so think she has seen her last game. Stupid thing is cheaper for me to put on ticket X and buy back
I appreciate most out there would say I have to get with it, but unless I have it wrong I dont see why if I have a friend or relative staying I cant take them to Albion without having to pay £25 to become My Albion member.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Could see a few doing that but an U10 ticket at say £185 (plus £20), upgrade it maybe 6 times a season at say £30 per game - 6 games would be averaging over £60 each. Might as well just get a season ticket holder's guest ticket.........usually plenty available. I suppose you'd basically be paying £200 to secure a seat next to your own in case of need...........

My only issue with the new proposals is the empty seats it'll lead to for those that don't pay the £20 and don't have F&F A+ members to transfer their ticket on to so literally have no way of getting the seat filled in games that haven't sold out....time will tell how many I guess. I or my son will very likely be sat next to an empty seat a handful of times next season whereas previously I or he might have taken someone else

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Could see a few doing that but an U10 ticket at say £185 (plus £20), upgrade it maybe 6 times a season at say £30 per game - 6 games would be averaging over £60 each. Might as well just get a season ticket holder's guest ticket.........usually plenty available. I suppose you'd basically be paying £200 to secure a seat next to your own in case of need...........

Curious to know if the rules will change so the guest ticket has to have a named person assigned. Previously the STH guest ticket was in the name of the season ticket holder but that seems unlikely to continue given the recent changes.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Season Ticket Sharing

I would have thought they would have needed to state 'the ST holder will still need to attend 25% of the games' for that T&C to override the share your ticket arrangement. While this is in place, my understanding would be, as long as the seat is occupied for more than 25% by appropriate persons through Share your Ticket or Upgrading x 6, then the 25% rule won't apply.
I have never been clear on whether successfully selling a ticket on the exchange still incurs a non-attendance black mark on the season ticket.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
As we now know to pass ticket on one has to pay a £20 fee and person having ticket has to pay £25 to become a member. Just communicated with ticket office who said if guest only likely to go just once best to put on ticket X and buy as a guest ticket . That will be interesting selling seat to club at one price and minute later trying to buy back at match day price.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Coming to this a bit late today so can I check my understanding a) I can change the name on my (adult) sons ST to another member of the family who is more likely to be able to attend games than him b) Others in the family can join the MyAlbion scheme for £20 and then that second ST can be shared between them at no additional cost on a game by game basis c) This only starts once the ground is fully open, until then the ballot system will apply d) we get a renewals pack in the post with all of this info as per previous years. Is this the gist of it? If so, seems an excellent plan by the club.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Coming to this a bit late today so can I check my understanding a) I can change the name on my (adult) sons ST to another member of the family who is more likely to be able to attend games than him b) Others in the family can join the MyAlbion scheme for £20 and then that second ST can be shared between them at no additional cost on a game by game basis c) This only starts once the ground is fully open, until then the ballot system will apply d) we get a renewals pack in the post with all of this info as per previous years. Is this the gist of it? If so, seems an excellent plan by the club.

Yes.

(a) is a once only opportunity this renewal period.

(b) is for next season only.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

The recipient of the ticket has to:
1. be in your Friends and Family group on your ticket account.
2. be an Albion+ membership member.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Me and my sister have been with my son in the family stand but he will be crossing the 18 barrier next season.
The club have sent out three packs as expected, with a ‘move request’ form to be emailed back to them. I’m assuming I can email all three together as obviously we still want to sit together!
I can’t see any guidance along that line, so fingers crossed!

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Well having read through the thread and numerous links I will have to align myself to other technophobes on here.

As usual , especially for the older generation, "improvements" make life so much harder.

It seems to go to a game of football now at the Amex I will have to take photo ID , a smartphone , a credit/debit card (as no cash allowed) I will also have to enroll and pay for my fathers extra membership and get him a form of ID ticket as he doesn't have a smartphone and doesn't always travel to the game with me, all this and the potential of a home win every seventh game.

Anyone for Crawley ? :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here