Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The saga rolls on, OGH has his say

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
The Wookiee said:
Hart said: "I am coming home telling my wife and kids I am basically unemployed at the moment, because I haven't got a contract, so it's worrying times.

:angry:

presumably if MM goes it will delay the contacts situation still further, nuts

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wanderer said:
presumably if MM goes it will delay the contacts situation still further, nuts

If MM goes, the logistics of finding a new manager and sorting out current players expiring contracts has "Fred Karno's Army" written all over it. If MM was to be sacked it should have been done immediately after the Sheff Weds game imo.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
The Wookiee said:
Hart said: "I am coming home telling my wife and kids I am basically unemployed at the moment, because I haven't got a contract, so it's worrying times.

:angry:

It's really sad to see one of the "veterans" in our team saying that - isnt it is 10th year next year or the year after? He deserves more than this.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Well I think everyone is expecting McGhee to be sacked, I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if we got a new manager in so quickly as we do not usually seem to do things easily. :D

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Silent Bob said:
Well I think everyone is expecting McGhee to be sacked, I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if we got a new manager in so quickly as we do not usually seem to do things easily. :D

Not necessarily. Dick Knight will probably decide who's staying, give them new contracts and appoint a manager at the 11th hour after the World cu........:down:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
This is all getting very VERY messy. Personally, for me there aren't too many of those nine that would get new contracts, but then I am not the manager or Chairman so my opinion counts for jack shit.

The issue being is that if the manager goes, it will be the chairman to make the decision about who gets new contracts, and that makes me very uneasy. The chairman is a fan, not a person who can decide which way the club is going to play next season, and I would hate for our budget to be blown on a load of players any new manager might not want...

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
there is no way any new manager will have time to review the players in that timescale, so

1) Dick Knight or Hinshelwood will sort it
2) They are keeping MM

Ummmmm

"He's been frustrated and it's frustrating for us. It's a big core of players and look at the squad if all nine of us left. That would leave young kids. It would be like a youth team."

then MM should have been sitting in Block E on Sunday - I'd have shown him a thing or two about "frustration"

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Icy Gull said:
How do the vehement MM outers, as opposed to those who just want a change, reconcile full support, as many do, to a chairman who feels strongly enough about keeping his manager that he is willing to stand his ground so resolutley. If I wanted MM out as badly as some of you do I'd be questioning the ability of the chairman run the club as I would like it run. Whichever side you are on, this current scenario reflects badly on the club imo.

I've always supported Dick Knight fully; what he's done for the club has deserved that much. However, I'll have to indeed question his regime if McGhee is allowed to keep his job, as, for me, it spells real danger for the club.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
In between Taylor and Hinsh didnt DK offer 3 year deals to Charlie and Chippy and a 2 year to Jones because of their loyalty im sure I remember.

I think if the lardy clown was to go we might be in a similar position.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
It's really sad to see one of the "veterans" in our team saying that - isnt it is 10th year next year or the year after? He deserves more than this.

It does seem to have been handled rather poorly, but sure Gary Hart is safe in the knowledge that he's going to get a contract.

I think he's really making the point on behalf of others like Mayo, Chippy and Tank, who could easily find themselves looking for work, and the sooner they know the better chance they have got of finding something else. All three should be able to find a club, but it helps the earlier you start.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Race said:
Good job we've got the internet innit!! :rolleyes:
What was it you said about fans knowing before players 9 times out of 10? :ohmy:

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Race said:
Good job we've got the internet innit!! :rolleyes:

To be honest Race, If Tank decides he's had enough of this Micky Mouse club and leaves, most of us on here wont hold it against him and will always appreciate what he's done for us :clap:

Albaman

Equatorial Splitter
Apr 22, 2006
Singapore lah
ben andrews' girlfriend said:

:clap2: Good point players like Tank, Hart and Chippy deserve better, no matter what any individuals views are on whether they should stay or not. The board are behaving incredibly amateruish on this !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here