Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The saga rolls on, OGH has his say

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
And the cynics will say that OGH supports McGhee as he wants a new contract.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Which is likely true, no?

Anyhoo, not exactly overwhelming support ...

"You feel for him, because he hasn't had the money," Hart said. "He's worked hard and just got on with it.

"We just want to get on with preparing for next year now and I think he is still a good man for the job."

Especially the "a good man for the job" bit.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Repugnant Toad said:
Which is likely true, no?

Anyhoo, not exactly overwhelming support ...

"You feel for him, because he hasn't had the money," Hart said. "He's worked hard and just got on with it.

"We just want to get on with preparing for next year now and I think he is still a good man for the job."

Especially the "a good man for the job" bit.

I rest my case.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How do the vehement MM outers, as opposed to those who just want a change, reconcile full support, as many do, to a chairman who feels strongly enough about keeping his manager that he is willing to stand his ground so resolutley. If I wanted MM out as badly as some of you do I'd be questioning the ability of the chairman run the club as I would like it run. Whichever side you are on, this current scenario reflects badly on the club imo.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Saga indeed, have a feeling this is going to rumble on well into next week :rolleyes:

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
Icy Gull said:
How do the vehement MM outers, as opposed to those who just want a change, reconcile full support, as many do, to a chairman who feels strongly enough about keeping his manager that he is willing to stand his ground so resolutley. If I wanted MM out as badly as some of you do I'd be questioning the ability of the chairman run the club as I would like it run. Whichever side you are on, this current scenario reflects badly on the club imo.

I really want MM out but trust the board to make the decision as they know exactly what work he does and how it is done. If they believe that is best then I have to accept it. If McGhee does stay then I hope he looks at the comments people make as to why they want him out and see if he can change his approach a bit.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
BarrelofFun said:
Frustrating to say the least. Do the players out of contract plan to stay in the country and shelve any holiday plans, should offers not come soon?

Now I think thats very rude of you to link Saga with holidays for the senior players, they are not that old yet :lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
BarrelofFun said:
Frustrating to say the least. Do the players out of contract plan to stay in the country and shelve any holiday plans, should offers not come soon?

I think it's pretty poor: it's not fair on the players and it's not fair on the manager and the coaching staff.

And it's not exactly a great advertisement for the club when it comes to attracting new players for next season.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
BarrelofFun said:

I'm not sure to be honest, I'm just hoping its sorted before we go away at the end of the month as it wont be much fun not knowing . After this Saturday when the rest of the league football finishes there are going to be hundreds of players looking for new clubs, quite worrying really.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I would'nt blame any of our out of contract players if they found another club to play for.

The whole situation is becoming farcicle now.

Then again taking into account how long it took us to sign a striker during the season it does'nt surprise me.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Hart said: "I am coming home telling my wife and kids I am basically unemployed at the moment, because I haven't got a contract, so it's worrying times.

:angry:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Race said:
I'm not sure to be honest, I'm just hoping its sorted before we go away at the end of the month as it wont be much fun not knowing . After this Saturday when the rest of the league football finishes there are going to be hundreds of players looking for new clubs, quite worrying really.

At what point can Tank start looking? And more to the point if he has not heard soon will he start looking elsewhere?

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Wardywonderland said:
At what point can Tank start looking? And more to the point if he has not heard soon will he start looking elsewhere?

Well they can all start talking to other clubs now really, they just cant sign up with anyone until 1st July. I suppose if he doesnt hear anything soon he will have to start touting for business elsewhere as a back up. :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here