Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sack Race.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hughes must be on thin ice at Stoke although they are not known for sacking their manager. for no reason. In our division I would say Owen Coyle and Paul Trollope as both are at clubs with sacking chairmen. and both teams are struggling, which wont please the chairmen.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Exciting sack race this weekend with Pellegrini, Silva, and Emery all putting a shift in to get to the tape first, perhaps egged on by sight of Poch waiting in the wings to take over; bet his phone is busy.

My money is on Silva, but could be tight.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Exciting sack race this weekend with Pellegrini, Silva, and Emery all putting a shift in to get to the tape first, perhaps egged on by sight of Poch waiting in the wings to take over; bet his phone is busy.

I really enjoy Emery being shit. The ungrateful, stupid ugly Arsenal fans waving around with their fcking "Wenger out" signs deserve all the shit they can get. And I say this as someone who truly appreciated the team back in the days. A few more years of failure and Arsenal are back where they were before Wenger joined.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

I'm not convinced Silva will survive the weekend

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Wonder what the odds are on Silva NOT being EFC manager say next June. If a market, it must microscopically odds on.

Even before today’s shocker, their fans almost universally rate him as shite. A £485m squad, with a lot of ultra (overly?) confident players who think they’re the dogs bollocks, losing for fun.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Pellegrini has never convinced me wherever he's been. I suppose he won the league at Citeh (and the league cup) but from there, where was his motivation ever going to be at a club like West Ham? He's predictably looking like a Tesco Finest version of Alan Pardew.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Listening to the everton fans singing "You're getting sacked in the morning" on MOTD

I know where my money is.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Rabbithutch at Stain's is looking likely to go soon too. Could be a little flurry of new appointments just as we face a few difficult games. We could easily be reeled in by a few clubs below once they get their new manager bounce.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Rabbithutch at Stain's is looking likely to go soon too. Could be a little flurry of new appointments just as we face a few difficult games. We could easily be reeled in by a few clubs below once they get their new manager bounce.

Given Dortmund are imploding at the moment and stories in Germany are rife that Favre is for the boot, he might be watching the situation from afar with interest.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I always felt Silva was a bizarre appointment anyway. Hasn’t really done anything as a manager, didn’t he take someone down as well?

Would be amazed If he’s not gone by Christmas.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Moyes was very good at Everton. May well be that he's one of those managers that only fits one club, like Eddie Howe - great at B'mth, but anywhere else ........................

Moyes did a decent at West Ham too, in the last era before Gold/Sullivan started spending mega sums on players. He earned a lot of respect for his work there. With a very hard public to please, West Ham fans are up there with the biggest whingers and cry babies.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Moyes did a decent at West Ham too, in the last era before Gold/Sullivan started spending mega sums on players. He earned a lot of respect for his work there. With a very hard public to please, West Ham fans are up there with the biggest whingers and cry babies.

I know two of them, one a ST holder, I think he hasn't seen a full 90 mins this season as he always leaves early if they are a goal or two down.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I always felt Silva was a bizarre appointment anyway. Hasn’t really done anything as a manager, didn’t he take someone down as well?

Would be amazed If he’s not gone by Christmas.

He was managing Hull when they were relegated, but they were bottom of the table when he was appointed and I don't think there's ever been a team in the Premiership who were in that position in January and which have managed to avoid relegation.

Silva's one of those managers who will give a short term bounce. Hull, Watford and Everton were all playing well and overachieving results for the first 3 to 4 months of his reign, but after that a clubs form takes a dramatic sudden nose dive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here