Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The roar that came up when Harley was subbed off...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
:For what it's worth, I think Harley would have changed all opinion of him against Burnley, but alas, it wasn't to be. He did more in that 5 minutes of 11 vs 11 than he has done in the rest of his career with us combined.

You are absolutely correct. I thought I was the only one who had noticed that Harley looked good and up for it but then I chastised myself for thinking it possible that NSCs bete noire could actually be any good :smile:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Does Harley care whether we love him, hate him or are indifferent towards him then? He comes across as being thick skinned enough to cope.

His set piece taking, his numero uno talent, sounded a bit off yesterday......not being able to get the ball airborne is a bit of a worry. Something isn't right when that happens.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Same with Paynter, someone near me started a f*** off back to leeds chant.... And when he miscontrolled the ball in the second half, ok it was a very poor touch but people were bounding down the steps just to shout abuse at the guy...

He rarely gets near enough to touch the ball. And so far every time he does its a comple waste of time. No supprise he is leeds 100th choice striker and in a team thats hardly setting the world alight. He is out of his depth, simple as.

Cant belive Buckley and Lua Lua did not start, our two best players at reading left on the bench. You can argue we were saving them for Monday but its waste of breath. If we dont lose to Southampton it will be luck not judgement.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm half tempted to start the chant:-

'one Ryan Harley, there's only one Ryan Harley'

I've been as vocal as everyone else re RH.
But the constant abuse for him and Casper, on here, is getting ridiculous.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
For what it's worth, I think Harley would have changed all opinion of him against Burnley, but alas, it wasn't to be. He did more in that 5 minutes of 11 vs 11 than he has done in the rest of his career with us combined. But it's early days, he clearly has talent, he just needs to learn how to use it. We'll be fine.

TBH I thought the same during the first half at Reading. He seemed to be finding space and playing some nice passes. Plus pressuring players and tracking back.

Then he disappeared during the 2nd half. It's frustrating.:down:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Funny how no one ever boos CMS for missing a chance or Noone for not delivering anything of any quality at the end of a runs.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Funny how no one ever boos CMS for missing a chance or Noone for not delivering anything of any quality at the end of a runs.

I would guess that most abusing Harley were NSC members.
I imagine normal Brighton fans make their own minds up rather than having to be told who to hate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here