Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Ridiculous Tedious Striker Situation

Tommy11

Oct 13, 2022
How many millions are you prepared to put up towards that?
Plus calling other posters an idiot as in post 161 is a good way to get a Mod involved.

As to how much money have we made?
Your new on here judging by the post count but, please tell us when Brighton last made a profit?
I don’t run a football club mate, but I have put up a lot of money to the club over the last 30 years, and I helped keep the club afloat during its darkest days. Idiot? I been called a lot worse on here. In regards to being new on here, again your being literal. Time to grow up.

Tommy11

Oct 13, 2022
The happy clappy geek mod in full flow today. It’s pointless debating with you lot. As you all say the same thing and just back the club up in every stance- it’s sad really

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
We finished 15th and 16th under potter his first two seasons. We finished 9th last season, with the help of the last day results going our way. We could have finished anywhere between 14th and 9th that day. The style of football is better now than under Chris, but why can’t we take a gamble, go get a forward and improve our forward line- which will improve our Chances of getting into Europe and possibly winning a cup. What is wrong with that thinking?? The problem with fans like you, is that your all so caught up and brainwashed by the commercial bollocks that come out the clubs mouth- you think they do know wrong and obey everything they say. It’s really painful to read.
Some re-writing of last season there. Yes going into the last day of the season we could have finished as low as 14th but we won, so the lowest we would have finished was 10th no matter how other results went. As we won we needed 1 result to go our way, Liverpool beating Wolves for us to finish 9th, if Leicester hadn't beaten Southampton we would have finished 8th. If we'd lost we would have finished was 12th which would have still been a fantastic achievement.

Yes buying a striker could improve our chances of finishing even higher up the table or winning a cup, but it won't guarantee it. Seb Haller cost West Ham £40 million and his best return was 7 goals in a season (worse than Neal Maupay's lowest scoring season for us) so it's not as simple as just throwing money at the problem. I'd rather trust the process that Bloom has instilled in the club than throw money at expensive gambles and risk ending up like those Pompey twats watching League 1 football again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The happy clappy geek mod in full flow today. It’s pointless debating with you lot. As you all say the same thing and just back the club up in every stance- it’s sad really
No we don't.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don’t run a football club mate, but I have put up a lot of money to the club over the last 30 years, and I helped keep the club afloat during its darkest days. Idiot? I been called a lot worse on here. In regards to being new on here, again your being literal. Time to grow up.
Out of interest, which of your 46 posts in the 9 weeks you've been on here have resulted in you being called a lot worse ? :facepalm:

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I’ve read a few pages of comments and it feels like we are getting really close to finding that elusive striker, which is excellent news. The general consensus seems to be we need to keep putting wonder kids into Uncle Tony’s number cruncher, back a couple each window, and then at some point, hey presto we’ll have a top striker! He’ll then play for us for a season before he is sold to the highest bidder. We then start the process again, so all the good work we’re doing now, will serve us well a few years down the line. UTA.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
How are we backing the club up?

All I asked was where do you get your figures from in terms of funding the new expensive striker.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Pathetic, mate.
Your contribution, unless its in the millions does give the right to an opinion but not to expect the club to listen to you.
Grow up is relevant how?
Perhaps you should just stick to reading posts rather than contributing?
You clearly have nothing to add to that.

Last edited:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Somehow, despite our absence of a striker, we have outscored 11 other Premier League clubs this season and have scored as many as Brentford - who, of course, have world superstar Ivan Toney.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We got funds- again that’s what the club want you to see. Your being too literal as the majority on here, plus your nose is so far up Blooms Arse you could smell his morning coffee.
Quite right, what we need is an expert in football finances to tell us what's what. Someone who spends their time trawling through company's accounts, understands what they all mean and loves to make a spreadsheet about them. Don't listen to that El Presidente dullard, what does he know? 🤣🤣🤣

Just to help you out, when you hear the words 'expert on football finance' on radio or TV coverage of football. It's usually him . . . No scratch that . . . It's always him.

Feel free to post your own info on the state of the clubs finance but you are going to have to do a bloody good job to convince us he is wrong.

What you seem to be missing is that the club have got a plan to recruit players. You might not like it but it's hard to argue that it's not working pretty well for us.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You clearly got here after the bottle top fiasco. Try reading the thread about the away ticketing system (god we are an interesting bunch).

Things are going pretty well on the pitch don't you think? Hard not to be supportive of a club and their policies while we are in serious consideration for European football in the next few years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here