Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Real Ale thread

Dandyman

In London village.
Definitely the real stuff for me. One of the highlights of last year was (re)discovering so many quality real ale pubs everywhere from 'Ampshire to the grom north and back again.

:drink:

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
During the summer has to be a cold lager or ten, during the winter I do like a bit of real ale, during the beer festival in Cambridge all week is spent drinking anything that goes, even grim cider.

Cider. Who drinks that shit all the time? I spent four years in Plymouth dabbling in Exhibition cider but I couldn't be a regular. Gives me gut rot.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Can't beat a pint of Timothy Taylor's Landlord or, if you're really lucky on an away trip in Yorkshire, Black Sheep. Although every time I go down to Sussex I tend to leave with a crate of Harvey's.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Zeitgeist said:
This time of year: give me a cold Tiger or Cobra, rather than a pint of room temperature ye olde turnip ale any day. :salute:

Aah, but you can't beat a nice warm glass of nut brown ale with twigs and leaves floating on the top and stuff! Bootiful!!

Am%20Pale%20Ale.JPG

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
When I lived in Brighton there used to be a good selection.

Favourites were

Gales HSB (Prestonville Arms was my nominated local)

Youngs SB
Harveys
King and Barnes

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Come on now, when you go to a curry house what do you drink?
Pint of Kingfisher/Cobra etc. Natural choice.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Ooh yes, real ale MMMMMMMMMM
Harvey's good, and Adnams is my all time favourite, and there's not much that can beat a WELL KEPT pint of Bass from a cold cellar.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Re: real ale

lancing ranger said:
what is the duke like in shoreham,looks a dive

Was a dive but Atmos was fantastic...still looks the same on the outside but has been down up nicely inside, got a beer garden with big screen (in the garden i might add) for all the major footie games - hopefully the QPR game will be shown there, I shall find out tonight!

80's Seagull said:
Nice pint of Abbot always does the trick.

I won't disagree with the logic of this. However ....

Never drink the products of Greene King in a Sussex pub formerly owned by Beards of Lewes - they are now owned by GK. Always drink the Harvey's.

GK seem to want to bring their alien Suffolk ways into this county. Stuff like plastic, packaged Irish evenings on St Patrick's Day - they send out a special kit to all their managers, with instructions on how to "do it properly".

Personally, I go down the pub to drink the stuff from Sussex By The Sea.

lancing ranger

Jul 11, 2003
i live in lancing,but i used to work in shoreham,and i know the artist in east st malcom who owns the pub,his brothers run it for him.might pop in for a look then,havent seen him since i left shoreham job.whats the crabtree like now they have done it up?do they do food.i was told they were looking for someone to do the francaise,and i am looking for one

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
lancing ranger said:
i live in lancing,but i used to work in shoreham,and i know the artist in east st malcom who owns the pub,his brothers run it for him.might pop in for a look then,havent seen him since i left shoreham job.whats the crabtree like now they have done it up?do they do food.i was told they were looking for someone to do the francaise,and i am looking for one

£2 to get into the Duke tonight, gonna be at capacity by about 7:30pm I reckon!
As for the Crab, yeah its very nice in there now, much better than it was. As for food no they dont, think they did start but then stopped. The owner/lease lady whatever runs The Bridge so she has the say in food stuff...f***ing bitch cancelled Sunday Karaoke :mad:

Jul 10, 2003
The Icknield Way
It's the real beer that makes the trip to Peterborough so unmissable:

Charters before the game for beer & scram.

Bogart's afterwards for beer, post-mortems & catching up on the rest of the day's footy.

Then onto the Brewery tap for beer, making a fool of yourself with the ladies and falling over.

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
Peterborough is the Saturday before my ..th (actually ..st) birthday, so Charters at about opening time is on and then probably the Cherry Tree.

Afterwards, probably hammered I think...

Squiffy

Jul 11, 2003
Tis mainly the reason I go there but tis good to have a bit of a stroll along the seafront and then head up to the Wetherspoons pub in George St, Hove for a sip or fifty of the legendary brew known as Old Peculier. Only £1.65 a pint too, dandy.:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here